cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

None of the OTP issues have been sorted. It’s just lies. I’ve been trying to set up my Virgin Mobile account to view bills for months now but I can’t because I can’t receive a virgin OTP on my virgin phone. Just move on to another network as they won’t help you or fix this. Complaints are ignored even official ones. Reps deny any knowledge of the issue and then drop you. Virgin Mobile are truly truly useless. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @phillstevens,

Welcome back, thanks for joining the thread.

I am sorry for the issues with your OTP.

I will send you a private message now, so I can see what more I can do.

Please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Gg92
On our wavelength

Hi,

Issue has never been resolved.  VM just post the same response time after time.

My issue lasted for over 8 months. I was unable to receive any OTP during this time. Frustrating is an understatement. 

I did a factory reset on my phone & tried a new sim. None of these resolved the issue.

In the end I was able to speak to an Executive Team member who eventually got it sorted. 

I have some previous posts on here on this subject. You might find these of some help.

Good luck.

yes i've tried all the prescribed troubleshooting but with no joy

Natwest have been unable to offer me an alternative method either

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @nleaney,

I am sorry that you are having issues with your OTP text messages.

I will send you a private message, so I can investigate this further.

Please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'As for your comment "We were aware with some OPT issues but these has been resolved since April 2021", you only have to look at the thread to see the number of messages dated 2022 to see that THIS IS NOT RESOLVED for many people on this forum.'

This thread has now been running for almost 2 YEARS, and as such has NEVER been 'resolved' despite what 'staff' may say. 

All we ever got was the 'cut and paste' reply that VM 'were looking into it, and would issue any updates as and when they had them' 

Mods even 'cheated' by altering the date on the thread from July 2020 to October 2021 in an attempt to 'cover up' their abysmal refusal to even TRY to sort it out. Heaven knows how many customers they have lost due to their denial that they had any problem.  (I have moved 4 accounts from VM to '3' because of the inability to receive either OTP/2FA from several companies, (Bank, building society, Paypal, Amazon, etc!!) yet, as soon as I moved to '3' they appear within seconds!! consistantly!! 

Mods tend to spout B/S to get rid of you, rather than address the REAL problem. 2YEARS, and VM are STILL LOOKING INTO THE PROBLEM... It has NOT been resolved.

Thanks. I’ve responded to your ID check as requested. Nothing further heard though - not even confirmation that my replay to your PM was received 😞

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay, please bear in mind that this is not an instant messaging platform. Which means we will always get back to you, but not as quick as being on a webchat.

I will reply to your private message now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

If you would share a phone number for support I would happily call it and work this through but direct calls to support appear to be challenging to access. All ‘contact us’ is referred here. 

I'm interested in the folks above who state they got this sorted after talking to someone. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I understand @nleaney.

But I am trying to help you already, sorry that I did not respond when you messaged last night. But we close at 9pm also my shift started at 1pm.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team