cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

phillstevens
On our wavelength

Call one suggested I call my bank as it must be their issue and not VM's, I pointed out that I'm trying to get a OTP from virgin and not my bank but they persisted that I need to call my bank.  Useless.  They then left me on hold for 10 minutes before cutting me off.  Call two was a little more helpful and is sending me a new SIM to try.  I'm not hopeful that this will work but have to jump through the hoops to get this fixed.  I'm just outside my 14 day cooling off so am stuck for 2 years with no OTP if I can't resolve this.  Madness.

Hi @phullstevens

Thank you for your post and I'm so sorry to hear this issue is not yet resolved! 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking once the new SIM has arrived and we can advise further?

Thank you.

Gg92
On our wavelength

I tried the new sim route & it changed nothing. I was as frustrated as you are & it took me 6 months to resolve the issue  Many phone hours & calls , being put on hold , talking to non UK based customer advisors  left me considering to buy a pay as you go phone just to receive OTP texts. In the end I was contacted by the Executive Team & they resolved the issue. They checked all the settings on my phone & at their end & finally I was all sorted. 

Just to some quick checks on your settings, ie Message Centre number for text messages. There is a couple of other checks that may help that I have mentioned in previous posts.

phillstevens
On our wavelength

Thanks Gg92, I've got an iPhone so couldn't find the message centre number setting on there.  I'll look through your posts again and see if I can find anything.

Gg92
On our wavelength

On iPhone I think it is " Carrier Settings Update"

If you Google it, there are instructions to help

phillstevens
On our wavelength

New SIM card didn’t solve the issue sadly. Still can’t create a virgin mobile account. It’s just beyond a joke. 

Thanks for coming back to us @phillstevens. I'm sorry that the new sim hasn't resolved the issues that you're having, I have raised this with our second line team to be looked into further, who will be in touch soon to discuss this further with you. 

Regards,

Steven_L

So I'm still getting nowhere with this.  An agent that was meant to call me to see if the new SIM card had solved my issue didn't bother to call me at the agreed time, or at any time.  The problem persists.  I still cannot create an account.  I submitted a formal complaint via the website.  They sent me a letter telling me they'd found the solution.  The solution was:  Log into your Virgin Mobile account and update your preferences....  They seem to have not even read the complaint as if they had they'd have realised that a can't create the account in the first place!!!  This is just a complete farce now and I think my only option is to try and leave this mess of a company.

Hi there @philstevens 

I'm so sorry that you have not yet heard back from the teams! 

I can assure you we are looking into this and we will be in touch soon. 

Thank you. 

Never heard back, still can't create an account for my Virgin Mobile contract.  Still can't view bills.  Still can't manage my account.  Customer service don't respond.  Formal complaint resulted in a letter telling me to go into my account and update my preferences...  I can't create an account to access.  Being completely ignored by Virgin Mobile.  Completely lost at this point as to what to do next.  If I can't create an account what the hell am I supposed to do to manage my own account????????