cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Hi rob99x,

Thanks for your post, 

We're continuing to collect examples for our support teams, and hope to have the issue resolved soon.

Alex_Rm

I was promised a response 48 hours ago.  Nothing received.  In the end I "solved" the problem by getting Virgin Money to use my landline as my MFA device for giving me an OTP to logon to their service.

Given that this problem with OTPs seems to affect multiple services, and given that the matter has been discussed for months and months with no obvious resolution, I will explore how to raise this with OFCOM. (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services

What is the point of paying for a mobile service if one key function -- the ability to receive texts for authentication purposes - is not working?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
  • So Google go to 2 step verification from the 9th November.

Anyone taking bets on it working or not

At least they offer the option of a phone call

Screenshot_20211102-112257_Gmail.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pipes
On our wavelength

As with many others, I have been experiencing issues with OTP for nearly 18 months, and still do.  I have spoken to Virgin on many occasions, emailed them and written to them.  Virgin have raised their own internal complaints process.  They have never sorted out the problem and probably never will.  I raised a complaint through CEDR and CISAS.  This complaint was not upheld, partly because I was seeking a modest financial payment in compensation for all of my wasted time, but mainly due to a pack of lies given by Virgin to the adjudicator.  I would advise anyone who feels strongly enough to follow the link and raise the issue with CISAS, but suggest you try not asking for any financial compensation.  You may then have more luck than I did.  Virgin will still tell their lies so make sure you have good evidence.  Good luck.

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

If their is another route to an ombudsman then that might be a good route to pursue - we will never get anywhere by leaving this to Virgin.

Pipes
On our wavelength
If there!!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pipes wrote:
If there!!

1j57fn.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

II working for both my wife and me now - did somebody do something?!

Thanks for the update @mudshark and I'm pleased to read this is now working for both you and your wife

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'So Google go to 2 step verification from the 9th November. Anyone taking bets on it working or not. At least they offer the option of a phone call'

Enlli, I will simply use the '3' payg sim I have been using for almost a year now, for 2FA/OTP messages, all because VM are not interested in sorting this problem

Yes, a 'few' have had a 'lucky' resolution to this problem, BUT, there are still many, many more who are STILL struggling, (probably far, far more than have had it sorted!) which is why I went down the 'PAYG' sim with another operator, and now get ALL my OPT/2FA without fail. Sadly, NOT from VM tough!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HughJarsse 

Been on Vodafone for 2 years originally due to poor signal on EE at home and no WiFi Calling, can't see me going back