cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

brianroaming
Joining in

I was receiving Codes from Interactive investor last week, but now I am not.  I have tried several times - and have resorted to using emergency access passwords.  Nothing on my phone has changed.  

Is there a problem here?

Ha! Welcome to our world brianroaming!  That is exactly the situation I was in. Using emergency access passwords is not sustainable for long because Interactive Investor will not let you withdraw money if you have accessed the site that way.

Please see my previous posts to see how I have temporarily worked round this while waiting (probably forlornly) for Virgin to post here that they know what the problem is and have fixed it.

Interactive Investor must be getting fed up with Virgin Media customers not being able to access their site.

Yes, OTP over Virgin broken for Interactive Investor for me too.

When I called them and described the problem, their first question was: "Are you with Virgin Mobile?"

I manage an IT support team, if we took this long to resolve a tech issue that affects many people like this I'd be out of a job

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dito. Ex Tech for ITV

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

i was  having  same problerm  receving otp  message but since i took virgin offer of a o2 sim  in stead of virgin sim  g etting otp  text ok

Thanks for the update @wyre,

We're pleased to hear this resolved the issue for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am also experiencing difficulties in receiving OTPs -- ironically from Virgin Money.

I see there are pages and pages of comments on this thread,  Are there any tricks one can use to coax my iphone to receive these OTPs?

At the moment I cant log into my bank because of this issue.  Hopeless.

I can drop a private message to you @rkiley, and take some details from you to pass onto our team.

We're doing all we can to have this resolved for our effected customers

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

David

Thanks -- I look forward to receiving your private message.  Where will I see it?

Robert