cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

We are looking to fix this as soon as we can rob99x

Gareth_L

Concerned about where these OTP text messages are going, has the ICO been notified of this possible data breach?

rob99x
On our wavelength

Still not working. Phoned customer support again. This time they say there is no estimated time to resolution.

I've received an Asda PAYG SIM (which runs on the Vodafone network). Put that in the 'phone and OTPs are now coming through on that perfectly.

Not sure how widespread this is but you cannot run a mobile network these days that does not reliably deliver OTP text messages. VM are going to hemorrhage customers if they cannot fix this. 

Any update on this please?

Wasted an afternoon with support trying to get this fixed.  Does anyone have an update on the progress of resolving this issue?

Gg92
On our wavelength

Ongoing issue has been unresolved for nearly 12 months. I suffered for many months until, in the end, my case was put to the Executive Team to deal with. It got sorted in the end but I can relate to the issue you & others are going through.  

If you read some of my previous posts, maybe there will be some helpful advice.

Good luck.

ScouseLad
Tuning in

Having the same issue with my Virgin Money bank.  I need to get the OTP every time I log in to my online banking - but as Virgin has an issue with receiving the OTP then I can't log do any online banking.

Virgin Bank have said that this is all down to Virgin Mobile  - and this is the only mobile network who are having problems receiving their OTP. It's not even all virgin mobile phones - it's just some of them, (For example my partner who is also with Virgin Mobile can receive their OTP from Virgin Money bank, but I can't).

This seems to be an ongoing issue.  Virgin staff - is there any sign of resolution to this?  Is there a work around? What can you advise your customers to do in these circumstances (apart from changing mobile provider I mean)

As a follow up, I now have a new SIM and as expected, makes no difference - texts not being received from certain providers.

I can't register on the government passenger locator form, or receive some other OTP's.

I get some.

Hopefully Virgin will realise this is serious, as if not sorted very soon, they'll lose me and 3 kids as customers for a start.

Any update on this please?

Bizarrely, one of the major broker / investment platforms cannot send their 2FA text messages to Virgin Mobile customers. From my end, they are the only ones failing - from their viewpoint, it is out of their hands.

I cannot bring it up to Virgin Mobile as the conversation is absolutely ridiculous - and the investment company says it is out of their hands.

How can a mobile phone company fail / block certain OTP text messages from certain companies? but not others?  My other OTP messages are arriving OK. 

This is absolutely scandalous and borderline criminal, I am locked out days and days from being able to log in - and it translates into actual money lost due to Virgin Mobile being utterly useless. How can this even happen in 2021?