cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Gg92
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I had this issue for many months with OTP & Notification/ verification codes & know how absolutely frustrating it is.

I spoke with several people at VM with no joy & then, completely unexpected,  i spoke to a lady in Customer service & boom, all my problems were solved !!

The issue was resolved by first checking the settings in Messages.

So, open your Message icon > next click on 3 dots top right > click Settings > click More Settings > click Text Messages . Message Centre number should read +447458399008.

Next, open Settings icon on your phone > next Mobile Networks > check that VoLTE calls to Sim 2 is not on. 

After checking these settings, restart your mobile phone. This worked for me guys after many frustrating months.

Good luck 👍

Gg92
On our wavelength

Hi,

I had the same issues for many months but it has now been resolved. You may find my post of some help.

Good luck.

Irenec
On our wavelength

I have tried all that has been suggested but still can't receive OTP messages, can anyone help.please 

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @Irenec and I'm sorry that you're having ongoing issues with OTP messages on your handset. 

What have the team advised so far and have you been sent out a new sim card to try to help resolve the issues?

Would you be happy for me to look into this further for you? We may need to send over a private message to confirm some account details.

Regards,

Steven_L

Irenec
On our wavelength

Hi Steven, 

I haven't been in contact with the team, I only tried what was suggested by the community 

Thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Irenec,

you would be better off just moving to another provider, rather than messing about with VM.  A new sim 'might' work, but probably only for a while, then the same problem appears (several posters have had this problem) Been there, done that, without success, sadly.

This thread has been running just 2 weeks short of a YEAR, and to date, VM are NO NEARER solving the problem, despite telling us every so often 'that they are working hard to find a solution'  yet all that happens, is, they ask for information, (which it appears they do nothing with) 

I have had to get another cheap PAYG sim, and carry 2 phones, because I cannot get 2FA or OTP messages from bank, building society, credit card firm, etc... (strange how other networks don't suffer this problem, just VM) because I need these messages, and VM are not interested in actually DOING anything to provide them...

Quickest solution, with less hassle and hair tearing is go elsewhere....Simples!!

Gg92
On our wavelength

Hi

Try contacting the Executive Team @ VM.

Number is 0800 052 0264.

They escalate your problem & sort it one way or another.

It worked for me after many months of issues. I tried a new sim & a factory reset on my VM phone all to no avail.

In the end it was down to the settings on my phone. Check the Message Centre phone number in Messages settings. Also, on the main phone settings, check Connections > Mobile Networks > VoLTE calls to SIM 2 is off.

Good luck 👍

Is this problem associated with the use of WiFi Calling?

See: Solved: Re: WiFi Calling: Text Delays - Virgin Media Community - 4624446

I have wifi calling "off"

In Messages > Message Centre No.[REMOVED].

In Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > VoLTE calls to SIM 2 off.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thanks for your replies and update, we do apologised for the ongoing issue with OTP text. We have raised this with the mobile networking teams and will have an update for you shortly. 

Cheers,

Corey C