cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So, latest update, had this e-mail from VM Friday re this problem..

Complaint reference: C-1811202343

Hi,   

We wanted to let you know we’re still looking into your complaint and will be in touch with you in a few days to talk about next steps.

We’re sorry it’s taking longer than usual.

Because your complaint is now 8 weeks old, you can choose to have your complaint independently reviewed by CISAS. You can contact them on 02075 203814 or check out their website here.

So basically, VM are still 'looking into' a problem  VM themselves aid they were looking into, in JULY,  and it's now JANUARY...... and they are STILL LOOKING?????

Well, have now made an official complaint to CICAS, so will now see what happens.

I have included in  the CICAS paperwork, a link to this post, and also, copies of all the correspondence I have had to VM (had nothing back from them until this e-mail) all dated, and, that I have had to purchase another sim from a different provider, just to get these OTP/2FA messages, so they can see just how lax VM are. Also, stated this has been going on since JULY, and still no further forward now, than in July, 7 months on...

Hopefully, CICAS will now get moving on this..

I was speaking to Santander with this problem since the summer.   They suggested switching the phone off then back on, this did not help. 

The other suggestion did work.  While waiting for OTP text, phone yourself on your mobile.   I then received the text.  This worked every time.

This is a short-term term solution.  I am still waiting from Virgin Mobile for its long term solution, as using this method is not satisfactory.

This is still an ongoing issue with VM, i contacted them yesterday via there whatsapp forum as there customer service number says they are closed. They told me to use a different service provider (very rude customer service person too i might add). 

No explanations, no help, NOTHING. 

Yes it is easy to just change providers when you sim only but i have a phone contract with them so cant just pay off and get a new phone, i also do not have a spare for to put in a pay as you go number so i am left in the middle of a pandemic with all shops closed and not able to make any payments online!!!!

i tried calling myself when waiting for OTP and this did not work either as a short term solution. 

My wifi calling is off and still do not receive any OTP.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have no record of a Samsung Galaxy A50!!

my complaint is the hours and days it takes for OTPs to reach my text messages!! I’m sick of it!!

naxman
On our wavelength

I too have lodged a complaint with CISAS :-

CEDR REVIEWING APPLICATION CEDR Resolution Centre Case: 615384
Deadline: Monday, March 22, 2021
A new application has been received from a customer. CEDR will now make an initial assessment as to whether or not the dispute falls within the scope of the Scheme.

Let's see what happens.

Pipes
On our wavelength

Here's my CEDR application - not holding my breath I'm afraid!

We are contacting you regarding CEDR Resolution Centre Case 614891

Thank you for submitting your application for adjudication.

We will now review the information you have submitted and will decide if your case can be taken forward. We will contact you to let you know the outcome of our initial review within 15 working days.

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Strange isn't it, the silence from VM on this issue is deafening, considering it's now 9 months of 'looking into this' 

Last post from a 'mod'  was 16th DECEMBER...    Almost 3 MONTHS ago, and STILL nothing to report on this, despite at least 3 'customers' resorting to having to contact CICAS....

Just goes to show the contempt VM hold their 'paying customers' in. Despite the fact it is OUR MONEY that pays their wages for this tripe.

Apparently, heard from someone who 'was' a VM customer, that took VM to CICAS, and won, and VM REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE CICAS DECISION, and just ignored it. Cicas, did. nothing. So, probably not worth even bothering with Cicas, if they are so toothless that VM ignores them too, and treats them with the same contempt it does it's customers..

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

I too am appalled at the lack of concern by Virgin.  I moved to them from EE in January after being informed that I would be able to receive and make calls via wifi which I have at my office location, located in an area of little or no usual network coverage.  So not being able to receive 2FA codes that are texted to me baby various services is no use at all.  

After numerous calls to them, probably totalling in excess of 4-5 hours in duration in total, I'm no further forward, having been spun 3 different stories from 3 difference representatives, the last of which pretty much said 'then leave and go elsewhere'... Un-bloody believable!! or it in fact 'totally believable from Virgin!'

Last call some weeks back also said I would be contacted by their 'exiting or departure' team - nothing heard.  I will NEVER recommend Virgin to anyone going forwards, just an abysmal service with no commitment to sort issues.

As an aside, I'm informed that the problem 'might' be resolved when they switch to piggy-backing their services off of Vodafone, although that might bot be before November of this year..  So moral of the story - look before you leap and never ever trust what they tell you regarding their services or abilities...

EDIT - as an addendum to this posting, immediately after the post I receive the following: 

Hey ThommoHawk,You have a private message from: ModTeam

The subject is: Congratulations! You have a new rank in the Virgin Media Help & Support Community.

Sent on: 25-03-2021 13:46

Really? - award badges! - yet more drivel from the masters of 'getting it wrong!'....

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ThommoHawk wrote:

As an aside, I'm informed that the problem 'might' be resolved when they switch to piggy-backing their services off of Vodafone, although that might bot be before November of this year..  So moral of the story - look before you leap and never ever trust what they tell you regarding their services or abilities...

EDIT - as an addendum to this posting, immediately after the post I receive the following: 

Hey ThommoHawk,You have a private message from: ModTeam

The subject is: Congratulations! You have a new rank in the Virgin Media Help & Support Community.

Sent on: 25-03-2021 13:46

Really? - award badges! - yet more drivel from the masters of 'getting it wrong!'....

Lot of people now moved over to Vodafone (sometimes without realising it!) So we shall see. The move started 25th January 

Sounds more like a Get out of Jail free excuse to me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My husband and I have been plagued by this issue for months and he finally got the regulator involved.  A guy from Virgin phoned up, said he would send a new SIM card and phone the next day.  Well he never phoned but the SIM card arrived.  Once it was in the phone (an Iphone 11) and working, One Time Passcodes started working immediately.

I have now requested a new SIM card for my Iphone10.

Also, he can now send text messages - as opposed to iMessages - and that was not working with the old SIM.  With my old SIM, I received his text after 15 minutes, but my texts to his phone still fail.  Hopefully my new SIM will fix this when it arrives.