cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Been happening to me too - I managed to get round it with M&S Bank as their app allows fingerprint recognition, but now need to pay my Sainsburys credit card bill and can't access the site as the OTPs aren't coming through.  Sainsburys have said not a fault at their end and to speak with Virgin, but reading through this thread I see they have been next to useless, so looks like I'll be joining others and moving elsewhere when my contract ends.

I have ended up buying a 'cheap PAYG' sim on '3' basically to do my banking on, and it appears that '3' have no problems with OTP or 2FA ....Seems that this problem is a 'Virgin only' one, and that they refuse to even do anything about it, despite 3 'staff' members stating that 'VM are working hard on a fix' 

After 4 Months, they don't appear to be working at all on it to be honest...leave alone 'hard' 

I have logged an official complaint regarding this a month ago, yet, to date have heard NOTHING, (which doesn't really surprise me TBH) so don't expect anything done regarding this, EVER....VM will hide away and ignore these posts until we give up....   

Pipes
On our wavelength

I have also raised this topic (OTP not being sent) with Virgin, using their official website - not an easy process to follow.   As you would expect they gave me a first class ignoring.  After nearly 2 months I got a letter from them saying that they had tried contacting me but had been unsuccessful so they would close the complaint unless I rang back on a phone number they supplied.  When I rang this number it was unavailable.  Not one to give up I spent a morning listening to 789 but then eventually spoke to someone somewhere in Virginland.  They were ever so helpful; it was obviously my phone that was at fault; the 2 different ones I have been using for the last 6 months.  I explained some of the background to the lady and she kept 'talking' to the 'engineering team'.    They even took my IMEI number and said they would check out the phone and their systems and then ring me back with the solution.  On a scale of 1-10, where 10 = a ring back and 1 = hah, got you again! how do you think this has gone?  Stupidly I actually enjoy most aspects of the entertainment I get from Virgin, let's face it, who doesn't love a circus clown.  But if anyone is hoping to get acceptable customer service I suggest you try your luck with another company.

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Been a customer since 1994 when it started out as NTL (where I live) and every time they change ownership, the service takes a nosedive.

If I were looking for a supplier now, first thing I would do is check on Trustpilot.

This, is VM's current status...https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

Wouldn't touch them with a 100 metre barge pole now to be honest. Am currently looking to move my whole setup, TV/BB and 5 mobiles to A.N. other supplier, so bad is the (JOKE) 'customer service'.

No 'phone backs' when 'promised' ... Problems just 'ignored' by those supposed to be 'customer service' staff, and, also, official complaints also just ignored, DESPITE being sent 'recorded delivery' VM say they never received them....

3 times I have officially complained, and, to date NOT ONCE ever got any sort of reply/satisfaction from VM...just TOTAL SILENCE

Much as they have ignored this thread, and will probably continue to do so, because VM don't care, they will continue to get their payment, so have no reason to try to sort out their customers problems...😠........and that's the TRUTH......... 

This thread has been running for 4 MONTHS, and, so far, 2 staff members have said 'we are working hard on this' , and one has asked 'what the problem is' without even bothering to read the WHOLE THREAD...

Otherwise, the silence is DEAFENING............

I have spent some considerable time this evening talking to first-line support about this problem. 

I initially experienced the problem with Santander, but today it extended to Fidelity.

If VM can't fix this soon then I will be asking for my PAC code, which is a shame as I am really happy with the package that I have.

The engineer confirmed that this problem has been outstanding since JULY!

It must be really difficult to diagnose losing text messages

Notice the lack if any responses from 'mods' or 'staff' here regarding the ongoing problem....

YET..'mods' are VERY quick to 'edit' posts that 'go against the rules' .......... Funny how they are quick to 'delete' what they don't like, (criticism?) yet ignore the REAL problems here..........

They've stayed well clear of this thread, only popping their heads above the parapet to repeat the 'scripted mantra'  'our engineers are working hard to resolve the problem, and we will keep you updated'  Yet, there's been NO UPDATES since this all began 4 MONTHS AGO..........

Even 'official' complaints have been ignored....so THAT shows just how much they hold 'customers' in contempt  does it not??

Who pays their wages............US........how do they repay us...........IGNORE US.........

4 months, no updates, no 'Mods' or 'staff' HELP, just total SILENCE................

It seems that someone from Virgin Media is alive as they edited my post to replace my colourful red text with boring black.

It's a shame that they are not as responsive with regard to FIXING THE ISSUE.

My Bank has "digitised" and I now require an OTP every time I log on. This means moving from Virgin; if they can't fix it in almost SIX MONTHS and can't be bothered to keep us updated with the issue then they don't deserve my money. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your post will have been edited by the Moderators which are a different team that is simply responsible for checking through the 900 to 1000 posts that go to make up there the whole community board.

As to answering the queries well they will be as much in the dark as you. Once they pass things over to technical they disappear down a big black hole from which nothing emerges.

If you are on a freestyle tariff then the airtime is on a 30 day rolling contract and you can leave at any time and just pay the loan for the phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'If you are on a freestyle tariff then the airtime is on a 30 day rolling contract and you can leave at any time and just pay the loan for the phone.'

But why should you have to leave (and all the fuss it entails) just because this rubbish company cannot be bothered to sort out a problem that has been going on for over 4 MONTHS, and, which it appears more and more 'customers' are having??

VM is baxically a shambles...VERY VERY quick to sign you up, take your money, having got your signature on a contract, but then, when problems arse, they ignore you, and treat you like some sort of pariah for trying to get the problems solved...

Far too 'selling' focused, and far less 'customer service' interested.  Once you sigh the contract, you are of no further use to VM, so, you might as well not exist!!

Look at this thread, see how many people have posted...then look at the 'staff' responses here...I see 'token' gestures from 'staff'. No more...

NOBODY here has persisted in trying to get a ticket raised, or even trying to escalate this...just shows the 'attitude' of the whole company, from the CEO (who 'answers' complaints by  'passing this on to the appropriate department, who will get in touch with you shortly' (but never do)) down to the 'staff' who read from the scripts, and then are never heard from again......

ModTeam

Hi all, 

We're sorry to hear that some of you are still experiencing issues with receiving OTP text messages.

This is still being investigated by our support teams. 

Please can you let us know the date and time you last experienced this problem?

Regards,

Community Moderation Team 

Today Santander/Cater Allen

Yesterday Fidelity