cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Hi,

If anyone is still having an issue receiving OTAP messages then please could you post and let me know the following information:

• Date and time the SMS was expected
  • Who the message was from

We're continuing to look in to this so any more examples would be helpful.

Thanks

Melissa

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

"🎂🍾 HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY 🍾🎂"

This thread is  ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!! and  (surprise, surprise) STILL no further being 'fixed' than a year ago when Mods first said...

Issues receiving OTP text messages: Santander

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages from Santander. 

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

so, despite 15 pages, and numerous posters having this problem..     VM are 'still investigating'   despite a large number of posters providing all the requested information.   here we are, 12 months on, and. STILL NOTHING....

WELL DONE VM.. Congratulations on making your first birthday for this thread.  How many more will there be??

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

🥂 Drinks all round

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

🍼  Drinks all round.

Non alcoholic I'm afraid, Enlli, it's only a 1st birthday party, so not old enough for alcohol yet. But, when thread reaches 18, (which, knowing VM, it WILL) THEN, you can pop the champagne corks. 🍾 🍺   😁

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Posted 4 WEEKS ago, by Corey-C 🙄

Not too sure what timescales VM use, I wouldn't call a month 'shortly' though!!  Assume this is another 'cut and paste' reply, (as usual) 🤐

'Thanks for your replies and update, we do apologised for the ongoing issue with OTP text. We have raised this with the mobile networking teams and will have an update for you shortly. 

Cheers,

Corey C'

As this thread is now over a YEAR old and STILL VM are 'looking into it' and, 'passing it on to the IT team' (again!), I really don't expect VM to do anything else except pop the occasional 'cut and paste' on here to be honest.   🤐

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So, Corey_C

5 weeks after your 'We have raised this with the mobile networking teams and will have an update for you shortly'  post, still a deafening silence from VM??

What sort of timescale is 'shortly' in VM's universe??

Anybody??  (where is the 'tumbleweed emoji then??)

Gg92
On our wavelength

I had the same issues for months.

Issue has now been resolved.  My previous posts may be of help to you.

Good luck.

@HughJarsse wrote:

So, Corey_C

5 weeks after your 'We have raised this with the mobile networking teams and will have an update for you shortly'  post, still a deafening silence from VM??

What sort of timescale is 'shortly' in VM's universe??

Anybody??  (where is the 'tumbleweed emoji then??)

In VM terms - ‘shortly’ likely means within the next decade… possibly… maybe…😴 🪦 

So now SEVEN WEEKS, since Corey_c said 

'Thanks for your replies and update, we do apologised for the ongoing issue with OTP text. We have raised this with the mobile networking teams and will have an update for you shortly. 

Cheers,

Corey C'

and the response???

NOTHING..  (Did we REALLY expect anything? this is VM after all) 

Sadly, Corey_C appears to have abandoned this thread, much like all the other  'mods' who have posted once and disappeared forever. (think they are taking it in turns to 'post once' then vanish) 

Once again, a typical 'cut and paste' effort from 'staff' who, along with VM don't really care, are not interested, and as such, don't really give a monkeys so long as they get their monthly paycheck (paid for by us, the CUSTOMER) 

The silence from VM is, as usual    DEAFENING!!

Vote with your feet by ditching VM and moving elsewhere.  They don't give a damn about your level of service once they've signed you up for a contract.  I'll be leaving as soon as possible and financially less impactive and I'll sure as hell not recommend them to anyone ever again.  Just a little 'genuine' customer contact and support could have made so much difference, but no, you're wasting your time and energy pursuing any form of resolution.

Even this forum is a joke, generated to give the impression of a helpful resource but nothing of any use on here is provided by VM, all useful advice has been from other more knowledgeable mobile users, thanks to all who have provided and shame on VM for being so unhelpful / arrogant....