cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Pipes
On our wavelength

That sounds like good info so thanks Naxman - will try this process myself.

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

certainly going to go for this, as have been struggling with this for 5 months, (read the posts on here!!) Also complained via the official complaints form on 17th November, received a complaint reference, C-1811202343 on 19th November, but despite contacting them again, not heard anything more..

Annoyed that I have to use another carrier and a PAYG sim, to receive OTP/2FA from bank, building society, and Paypal, amongst others..and the hassle of carrying 2 phones, and the aggro informing the appropriate banks, etc of the change of contact number, (and passing all their security checks to do as well) 

Sick and tired of VM deliberately IGNORING this thread, and basically refusing to even accept there is a widespread problem.

4 weeks already waiting on the above complaint, another 4 weeks, and will ask for a deadlock letter, and make a complaint to CICAS as suggested.

VM have had more than enough time to sort this, but continue to ignore the problem.. Hopefully, enough people will actually complain to CICAS, and we can get something done.. (But don't expect VM to obey any CICAS rulings, as apparently they just ignore them too) 

naxman
On our wavelength

I found another forum and this issue has been going on for years!!!!   https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057812280

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@naxman wrote:

I found another forum and this issue has been going on for years!!!!   https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057812280

Question is, does Virgin Ireland (a separate enterty running on 3) use the same design of core network, because that is where the fault will lie.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I am having similar issues not receiving texts or getting them a day later.   I contacted Virgin and was sent two replacement sims which would not work.  I have not read through the whole of this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned.  I have found that turning off the WIFI on my phone seems to improve receiving texts.  Is it the WIFI calling that's causing the problem?  

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Frew wrote:

I am having similar issues not receiving texts or getting them a day later.   I contacted Virgin and was sent two replacement sims which would not work.  I have not read through the whole of this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned.  I have found that turning off the WIFI on my phone seems to improve receiving texts.  Is it the WIFI calling that's causing the problem?  

That is another, but separate problem to the receiving of OTP texts

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

And yet ANOTHER 2 weeks without ANY reply from the 'staff' here.. All 'other ' posts seem to get some sort of reply, yet this one??

Sick and tired of VM deliberately IGNORING this thread, and basically refusing to even accept there is a widespread problem.

6 weeks already waiting for an official reply on the above complaint, another 2 weeks, and will ask for a deadlock letter, and make a complaint to CICAS as suggested.

Obviously happy to take the money every month, aren't they?? when it comes to actually DOING something to sort out the 'customers problems' Well, too much trouble and effort, isn't it?

Not even the courtesy of ANY sort of reply from 'STAFF' (who's wages, by the way are paid for by 'customers') expecting TOO much, aren't we??

14 days, deadlock letter...Cicas are already aware  of this problem, and as such, are waiting for me to get the deadlock letter, as VM are certainly not going to move themselves to sort it now, are they??

Basically, the whole system STINKS.........

Same issues had here. Turned off WiFi calling and texts from Microsoft and apple are now showing up almost instantaneously 

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'Same issues had here. Turned off WiFi calling and texts from Microsoft and apple are now showing up almost instantaneously' 

As pointed out by Enli, 3 posts above, this IS NOT THE SAME PROBLEM...and you do not appear to have the same issues.

Ordinary text messages are not the problem, it is security messages that are affected...

My phone is not capable of wi-fi calling, and it's OTP and 2FA messages from Banks, building societies, and others such as Paypal, and Amazon accounts, NOT messages from Microsoft or Apple..

Yours is a totally different problem... 

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So, another week goes by, and STILL nothing from the 'STAFF' on here....

4 WEEKS since any 'STAFF' posted on here, (and they were just asking the same question that has been asked for the last 6 MONTHS)

It is now painfully obvious that VM are DELIBERATELY IGNORING this thread, 7 months after first stating that they 'are looking into the problem, and will update you as soon as we have any further news'

Complete and utter contempt for the customers who have this problem. (but then, they have utter contempt for ALL customers, once they have your bank details, and can grab their wages from it each month)

Have now sent a recorded delivery letter to VM HQ, demanding a deadlock letter, as my complaint regarding this problem is now 8 weeks old, and not heard ANYTHING from VM, despite a promise 'to get back to you as soon as we can'.

Case already made to CICAS, and as such, just need the deadlock letter to enable the complaint with them.

Obviously, VM don't care, and as such, can now take the case up with CICAS...