cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Hi @WhyDidIChoose 

Thanks for these examples, do you know what time the texts were sent? 

Regards,

Community Moderation Team 

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

so, once again, a 'mod' jumps in. reads just the latest post, instead  of the WHOLE THREAD and starts asking 'who the texts were from and what times' 

If  'staff' actually read the WHOLE THREAD, from the START, instead of taking each poster in isolation, then iot would become GLARINGLY OBVIOUS that this has been going on for MONTHS, Santander, HSBC, LLOYDS,  etc.

Time and time again, posters have stated that they have misses OTP, and also 2FA  'Paypal' being one. yet....piecemeal uncoordinated replies rather than a 'joined up' approach to the fact there is a GENERAL problem with OTP and 2FA with VIRGIN MEDIA.....

Reading the WHOLE THREAD, would give the 'staff' some REAL insight to the situation, across the WHOLE user base, rather than this 'ad-hoc' system of  replying to each poster seperately, instead of addressing the CAUSE, which is VM's system...(and it's 'working hard' (NOT) 'support team' ) who, after 17 WEEKS, are no further forward with this than when it was first reported in JULY!!!!!!! (how's THAT for 'working hard!!) 

Best bet...leave VM, find a COMPETENT provider, because VM are NOT going to do anything about htis...4 MONTHS on, and .......NOTHING. 'Staff' are 'still' asking basic questions regarding ' what/when'  rather than FIXING the problem

'3', 'O2', and 'EE'  have no problem with OTP or 2FA, so why are VM??  BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE, and CAN'T BE BOTHERED, that's WHY!!!!

You make an interesting point—VM is hosted on EE; if EE doesn’t have a problem why does VM?

I can’t provide exact times for my previous examples but I will try again tomorrow for both sites. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WhyDidIChoose wrote:

You make an interesting point—VM is hosted on EE; if EE doesn’t have a problem why does VM?

Only the signal is hosted by EE. Everything else is under the control of Virgin through their own core network, including SMS messaging.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the clarification. 

@mods - I tried again this morning at 07:54 for both Santander (Cater Allen) and Fidelity

over a week ago.......

'@mods - I tried again this morning at 07:54 for both Santander (Cater Allen) and Fidelity'

The mods asked for info on the problem, poster replies, and, OVER A WEEK later, the 'mod' hasn't even bothered to return to check if poster has answered??

17 WEEKS this thread has been running, THREE, yes, THREE different 'mods' have poked their noses in here, made comments, and vanished, never to be heard from again....

I have made an official complaint, on the 17th November, and have a reference number...C-1811202343, yet to date, not heard a thing...the silence is deafening....

VM  are VERY, VERY, quick to TAKE the money each month, yet IGNORE problems, and refuse to accept that they exist...Mods stay WELL AWAY from anything and everything, making 'token' appearances, and then disappearing, back into the woodwork.

I currently have to use another phone, with a '3' PAYG sim, to access ANY OTP/2FA messages, and have had to do so since June, almost 6MONTHS, and yet 'VM are looking into the problem, and will keep us updated' which so far.....is....NOTHING...

Time to move on, methinks...5 phones, BB, & TV all looking for a new supplier. VM can take a run and Jump, as far as I am concerned. £140+ per month for...substandard service, and little inclination to sort out the problems...

I have moved to BT/EE. 

The funny thing was that this problem stopped them from sending me the PAC 😂

The last customer service representative I spoke to said that the problem is only being experienced by VM customers who ported their number from another network. This explains why I experience the problem and my wife doesn't. 

Good luck with getting VM to fix the problem. 

'The last customer service representative I spoke to said that the problem is only being experienced by VM customers who ported their number from another network'

This is total B/S...my number has been with VM from the start, not ported from any other network, same as my wife and daughter, and they all have the OTP/2FA problem, so basically,  'customer services' are talking out of their derriere, (as usual!)