cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Hellequin1964
Tuning in

Sainsbury’s Bank App Is experiencing same problems. Are there any fixes for this?

'Sainsbury’s Bank App Is experiencing same problems. Are there any fixes for this?'

If you read this whole sorry post, you will see there is no 'fix' for this, apart from getting a different sim, and changing all your essential OTP/TFA access numbers to it, 

I have had to purchase a cheap PAYG sim for a spare phone I have, contact all the places that I use OTP/TFA on, and change my number from the VM one, to the  PAYG sim, and carry 2 handsets, to sort out this problem..

As mentioned, VM know about this, and yet have done NOTHING to sort it out, despite 'staff' coming on here and 'assuring us that they are working on it' 

This has now been going on for 3 MONTHS,yet,  VM have done nothing to solve this, and, as such, appear to have 'washed their hands' of it, not even having the decency to reply to requests for information/updates (of which there is NONE) 

Think they are now hoping that customers will just 'let this slip' and it will die a death, and they can then just leave it, rather than just IGNORE it, which is what they appear to be doing now...

13 weeks, 'working on it' and still nothing......

'Real' companies have developed and tested, and then released complete software packages in less, and VM can't even sort out a 'glitch' in their existing software!!!

Best option...leave VM, find a 'competent' supplier, and go with them...(I have '3' as my PAYG, works a treat for the OTA/TFA that I need) May as well take the whole hog, and move my sim as well, get the PAC, move on, as VM sure as hell ain't interested in customers who expect them to 'fix' things... 

Think that they are deliberately ignoring this thread now, too ashamed to come here and admit  they don't have a clue...(been no 'staff' reply for months, so you can draw your own conclusions there...) 

MikeW-gb
Joining in

Still not receiving OTP 

Hi MikeW-gb, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Are you still having this issue now? Is it one specific company you can't receive OTAPs from or a few?

Let us know and we can look into it further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Pipes
On our wavelength

Hi MikeW-gb,

Good luck with this.  I can't believe Emma is asking if the problem is still an issue.  There are hundreds of posts on this topic and Virgin are well aware that the problem lies with them.  Virgin do not seem capable of fixing this problem and you will either have to learn to live with it or change to another company.

Come on Emma - tell the truth!

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

"Hi MikeW-gb, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Are you still having this issue now? Is it one specific company you can't receive OTAPs from or a few?

Let us know and we can look into it further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team"
Emma_C, 
PLEASE, PLEASE, read the WHOLE post, (all 4 pages of it!!) then, you will see the REAL state of this sorry problem.
It's affecting a fair number of people, and appears to affect a fair few companies too (personally, Santander, Lloyds bank, and Paypal, amongst others...)
There have been 'cameo' appearances from other 'mods' uttering one line replies stating  things like...'we are aware of a problem, and are looking into it'   or...'we are working hard to get this fixed' ...yet.........over 3MONTHS later, there are still problems.
And now you pick this up like it was a new post, with no other comments..
I have had to carry a 2nd PAYG phone, on '3' network, to access these ota/otp messages, because VM can't/won't sort out a problem that has been running for 13 weeks, despite promises of 'working hard to fix this'!!! from 'staff' 
If you read all the comments relating to the 4 pages of this post, you will see the ongoing problem we are having....with NO RESOLUTION IN SIGHT...as all we seem to get, is yet another staff member coming to the post, reading the latest message and taking it rom there, without looking back to the beginning.
You are the 3rd or 4th staff member to post here, and none of them have actually got the problem fixed, to date....
There is a general feeling that this will NEVER get resolved, and VM aren't really interested, otherwise something would have been done earlier....
3 months from now, things will still be the same, and another staff member will come on here, asking the latest poster if they can help.....That's a FACT...

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

and ANOTHER week, (TOTAL NOW 4 MONTHS, and counting) and  STILL nothing from the 'forum staff' who come on here, post a useless reply, then vanish off into the ether, never to be heard of again....

How much longer do we have to wait for VM to actually admit they haven't got a clue' and as such, are washing their hands of the problem, keeping their heads below the parapet, and ignoring us, in the hope we will just 'let this go' and accept that VM cannot be bothered, but are too ashamed to tell us?? 

after all, it's not as if us 'customers' pay their wages is it now............Oooh, wait a minute... we DO, but not that they care...

Been happening to me too - I managed to get round it with M&S Bank as their app allows fingerprint recognition, but now need to pay my Sainsburys credit card bill and can't access the site as the OTPs aren't coming through.  Sainsburys have said not a fault at their end and to speak with Virgin, but reading through this thread I see they have been next to useless, so looks like I'll be joining others and moving elsewhere when my contract ends.

Hi

I turned WiFi calling off and this worked for me.

I believe there is a known problem with this that Virgin media are in denial about .

Best of luck!

I turned WiFi calling off and this worked for me.

I believe there is a known problem with this that Virgin media are in denial about .

This would be OK, 'if' I had the wi-fi calling ability on my phone, but...sadly I don't, so don't think this is the complete reason, as others have stated, they don't have wi-fi calling either.

But, as stated, 4 months on from the original postings, and STILL nothing has/is being done regarding this, and, as stated, VM DON'T CARE either.....