cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Not a lot, obviously, despite this from the 'mod team'  LAST WEEK!!

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

Think it's plainly obvious they are doing NOTHING....and as such, aren't really interested in this at all, (If they were, then they would at least TELL us....)

It's only VM customers apparently, according to Santander, (I can receive OTP from them on my '3' spare phone, but not on my VM one..)

Time to think of moving on, as VM aren't interested in 'customer service' just 'grabbing the cash', and 'stuff' the problems.....why I should have to have a 2nd phone on a different network just to receive OTP because VM are too lazy to investigate/sort the problem with their network..

No response, no interest, just a 'couldn't care less' attitude from VM.... 

Any update VM?

I've had enough, got my PAC code from Virgin and joining Tesco Mobile... Virgin use EE, Tesco use O2

There is a wider issue than just Santander. All banks are now adding OTP [One Time Passcode] to customer's security options required to access their bank accounts online. If our new SIMs will not work in old mobiles (as suggested on this forum) or we have not received new SIMs before the old ones no longer work, customers without alternative access will be locked out of their bank account online. I have an old mobile phone bought from Virgin using PAYG and I am trying to get clarification from Virgin so I know where I stand before I find I have no operating mobile phone and, potentially, no access to my bank account. If customers are left stranded with no mobile and no access to their bank account, it will be a scandal.

To date, I have had no direct contact from Virgin telling me that I will even need a new SIM; and no response from Virgin elsewhere on this forum. Please contact me; and also reassure all customers, especially older ones with old mobiles, that they will not find themselves without a mobile service and therefore, potentially, unable to access to their bank accounts.  

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So, another week, (that's 2 now!!) and STILL nothing but 'silence' from VM, despite the promise

'Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress'

Apparently not bothering, as per usual.....

Any 'mods' like to comment on this thread please?? Even if it's to tell us that 'you can't be bothered'.....

Customer support anyone?? Hello, can you hear us'???????

Any chance of an update here??????

Nope, thought not........silence is deafening......

Time to remove the 4 phones we have with VM, and find a PROPER mobile company that actually does more than take customers money......

BrianC75
Settling in

I have not been able to log into bank, building society or credit card for 2 weeks.  Also text messaging service support doesn't work as text takes up to 10 hours to arrive with a 30min action window on it.  Paypal auth fails also and present  delay leader is a text from a colleague which took 44 hours from send time to receive time.  Going to have to leave Virgin mobile

Virgin - can this be looked into as a priority please!

Hi all,

I have checked the ticket for this issue and it is still being looked at and investigated. We don't currently have any further updates I'm afraid, but rest assured our support teams are working hard to provide a fix.

We're sorry for the inconvenience and frustration caused in the meantime. We really appreciate your continued patience with this.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Hi Beth_G

So after 3 WEEKS, VM STILL don't appear to have any clue as to what is wrong, or how to fix it??

Come on.........VM calls itself a 'cutting edge telecommunications company' yet......

Has no email addresses to contact people, 

Can't even sort out problems with it's services, after 3 WEEKS....

Asks customers to 'text' them with problems, and says 'we will contact you within 72 HOURS!!'  (that's IF you are lucky, waited 4 DAYS, no reply for me...)

treats customers as no more than 'cash cows' IE...very quick to get you to 'sign up' by promising the earth' but actually, provides 'hell on earth' 

I am currently having to use a payg spare phone to get OTP's from my bank, after THREE paymernts were not made because I didn't get the OTP via my main VM mobile...I had to take time off work to visit the bank, and actually change my contact phone number to my spare phone, and now need to carry 2 phones around...3WEEKS, and VM don't seem to have a clue???

Having already had trouble with the 'new' purple sims refusing to play nicely with 2 phones, this just about takes the biscuit...

I can probably obtain 3 PAC codes and move to another provider who WILL support OTP (as '3' my 'spare sim' do) faster than VM can even reply to this post.....  

FYI -

After moving to Tesco mobile I hit the same problem; found out from a tech support guy that OTP texts are now not working on 2g/3g phones, only on 4 & 5 g...