cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues making and receiving calls mobile

Hannah9286
Tuning in

Hi 

I have contacted virgin twice now with the issue of making calls I’ll make a call it either won’t ring and it’s just sitting there adding up the time . I’ll try again and it dials then I can hear the person but they can’t hear me . This has been happening for about 4 weeks now and it’s really frustrating . 

To make a call to someone can take 4/5 times , I have spoken to virgin twice I have a new sim . I have also logged some calls but I’ve given up because it’s every day but not consistent . It doesn’t matter about areas as I work and live in different areas and happens in both . I have phoned again today and she reset my network I done the same on my phone . It worked for three calls and then went back to not working . 

I really need some help ASAP . I’m paying my monthly bill for what to make 4 calls to get hold of the same person . 

I don’t understand what the issue is I’ve had no issues up to now . 

any help will be appreciated 

10 REPLIES 10

JoeKing1VM
Superfast

Hannah9286 welcome to our forum. Your not alone this is a long ongoing situation with Virgin more so but it's also happening on other network O2, EE but mainly Virgin.

My issue as yours has come back and ongoing for 8 weeks now.

Best advice I can give is keep a record of date's, Time and numbers you've called and if it happens on inbound calls. And call Virgin with your network problem, its also best to have record's from the last 24 hours on the day of calling Virgin.

I don't know why Virgin just don't own up to the problem's and stop making customers do their routine standard checks and test..

At some stage they offer you a replacement sim card and some my try and tell you it's you device that's faulty. (Speaking from my own experience with them the beginning of the year).

Just to add the forum has many post on this and similar problems with service. 

Wish you luck.

Joe 

Hi joe 

thanks for your message . It’s so frustrating . 
she told me today I should consider upgrading to 5G . 

I told her it has nothing to do with that . 

don’t understand how they can’t seem to find the issue im fed . 

I recorded one day on my notes and it was like 6/7 calls can keep doing that all day . 

thanks for replying to me 

Hannah what ever you do DO NOT Upgrade. Let Virgin fix their problem the staff on Customer Service most have not a clue to what their doing they just follow a script and some lie out right.. Just read post in this forum and you see for yourself. There are good and bad no matter where we go but I advice is for now not to upgrade to 5G.By the end of this year  we all be on Vodafone network and for most Virgin /Vodafone customers now having a help of a problem.

Joe

Hi Hannah9286,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with receiving calls, can you confirm a few things for me:

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset?

Is there anyone else in the house on Virgin mobile that is experiencing the same issue?

Can you confirm your current handset, and whether you're able to send or receive texts and use data okay?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex 

yes got a new sim. It’s nothing to do with the sim because it’s brand new .  
my mum also is having the same issues that I have on and off throughout the week 

texts are fine no trouble sending them . 

thanks 

hannah 

Thanks for getting back to me Hannah,

Can you confirm what handsets you're both using?

Alex_Rm

I have a iPhone 11 Pro 

other device iPhone 7 

Thank you,

Can you confirm if you're able to make any calls via WiFi? Facetime or normal calls?

Alex_Rm

Hi 

yes can make FaceTime calls on WiFi , my WiFi calling is off because that’s what virgin have said