Menu
Johneee
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is virgin forcing users to take larger plans

Not sure what's going on. I've had a SIM only plan with Virgin for a few years now and never had any problems. That is until last month, when suddenly I received a big bill for exceeding my data allowance. This was quite surprising given that I haven't been doing anything on my phone more than usual. I check emails and Facebook occasionally but I'm hardly glued to it. Any way I checked my data usage and it's been doing something every hour on the hour at all hours of the day and night. I turned off my mobile data to prevent another big bill, but got another text from virgin to say I'd reached my limit. I've hardly used it and made sure to turn off mobile data after use so it can't run ip a big bill again. I've just spoken to someone from Virgin and they've turned off mobile data, but are adament it's my fault. They were even telling me my mobile data was turned on when I was looking at the screen and that said it was turned off.

Help, don't understand why this is happening and don't want any more nasty bills

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is virgin forcing users to take larger plans

Hi there Johneee,

Welcome to community. Thank you for your post.

Thank you for bringing this up. To prevent this from happening again always make sure your mobile data is switched especially if it's not being used or if you are using WiFi. There are some apps that will automatically updates if your online and that will consume most of your allowance.

I highly suggest to download our Virgin Mobile App as well. This will help monitor your usage and your allowance. You can also set a spending cap on your service to prevent incurring a high bill. You can also set this by logging in to your online account, just click here.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Idea but it seems they are having stock issues - how a mobile provider can run out of stock for a sim I don't know?

Offering me Unlimited sim in my Broadband login page. When I click it "Due to popular demand this product is out of stock"

ROFL!
0 Kudos
Johneee
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the app...I do the checks...that's why I'm perplexed at the SUDDEN increase for no reason. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there,

Thanks for the response, Johneee. Is this happening every month? Have you already put a spending cap on your account to avoid any high bill?

Let us know so we can help.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
Johneee
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just this month with no chanch of use that's why it's odd.

And your app / website won't let me change my plant one of you offers to help avoid it again.

Why doesn't your site work...I don't want to phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for the response, Johneee. Just always turn off your data if it's not being use or if you're using WiFi and let's see how it goes.

You can send an SMS to our Mobile Support Team on this number 0753 301 6422, so they can help you make some changes in your account.

Feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos