cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Way to stop data overage?

BriaenLaerson
Tuning in

Hi all, I just activated a Virgin Mobile postpaid account, and am looking for a way to make sure I don't go over the allotted monthly data.

I can't seem to find a way to do that, only to limit the overage charge to $50 per month.

Do you know if there is a way to cap data usage from Virgin's side? (I can do that from the phone side, but  it's generally not the most accurate data calculation)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BriaenLaerson, thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

You can't cap the data usage from our side, but you can set a Spend Cap up on your Virgin Mobile account online, which means if you do go over your allowance on data, your spend cap will ensure you won't be charged more than what you've set. You can even set £0 as your spend cap which means you won't be charged at all once you've gone over! It will mean all allowances will stop working at this point though too.

As @enlli has mentioned though, you've touched on $ as opposed to £? Are you based in Ireland perhaps?

If you are, I'd recommend following the below avenues here to contact Virgin Media Ireland here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I notice you mentioned $50  Are you UK based?

This forum is Virgin Media UK 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BriaenLaerson, thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

You can't cap the data usage from our side, but you can set a Spend Cap up on your Virgin Mobile account online, which means if you do go over your allowance on data, your spend cap will ensure you won't be charged more than what you've set. You can even set £0 as your spend cap which means you won't be charged at all once you've gone over! It will mean all allowances will stop working at this point though too.

As @enlli has mentioned though, you've touched on $ as opposed to £? Are you based in Ireland perhaps?

If you are, I'd recommend following the below avenues here to contact Virgin Media Ireland here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me Exactly what I needed!

Dinar Gurus

Hi BriaenLaerson, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're glad to hear you know what is needed now. 

If you have any further queries and you are a UK customer then don't hesitate to pop back to us here. 

If you are in Ireland instead, please follow the link my colleague gave above as this forum is for UK customers only. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs