cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my phone covered?

Zoe-1985
Joining in

Hey my daughters phone is caught in a boot loop can’t get on it whatsoever have tried myself and even took it to Apple Store who said they can’t fix it and advised me to speak to Virgin as I am still paying the contract if they would provide a replacement and they have provided me with proof to say phone is in very good condition but needs replacement as can’t be fixed and they would offer me a replacement for over £500 😱 what can Virgin do? It happened after the last update but hasn’t worked since.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Zoe-1985

Thankyou for your post 

Sorry though t hear about the phone

Can I ask if you have insurance with us

Also as Apple have said its going to cost £500 to replace sounds like it is out of warranty now

Do you have home contents insurance that can cover the cost of replacing the phone 

Gareth_L

Hi thanks for the reply I do have contents insurance what do I need to do?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry, did Apple really say that the phone is in very good condition but can’t be fixed?

I’m a bit worried now that my GP has said I’m in very good health.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Zoe-1985,

Just to clarify - Apple have said it's in good condition but can't be fixed? Can you explain this any further for me if possible?

May I ask - when did you get the phone? Apple offer a 12 month warranty so if it's older than that we would charge to repair it.

Have you tried a 'hard reset'? This is different to a factory reset. You need to Press and hold both the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

What happens when you try to switch the handset on?

Kind regards,

Serena

85C484B1-C3D7-4ACE-92F6-C4C48964BBC5.png

Thanks for coming back to us @Zoe-1985, to start a claim on your house and contents insurance, you would need to contact your home insurance provider and they should be able to get the process started for you.

I'm also a bit confused as a non useable phone is in good condition, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Is your handset still under warranty?

Regards,

Steven_L

Your not the only one who is confused apparently I have a phone in very good condition that I am still paying off and can’t bloody use 😡

apply said it is no longer under warranty with them.

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Worth a read

https://drfone.wondershare.com/iphone-problems/iphone-boot-loop.html

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks