Menu
Clank1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is it correct that a PAC Code cant be given once a monthly SIM only contract is cancelled?

Hi,

My monthly Sim only Virgin mobile contract cancels today after I gave my 30 cancellation notice. This then changes to a PAYG contract for 6 months as per the terms and conditions. 

I would like to keep my phone number though with my new provider, but have been told by Virgin customer services that it was important that I did not cancel my mobile phone contract with Virgin until I had my PAC code, and had given this to my new mobile phone network provider first. Virgin are saying now that they cannot now transfer my old number across. 

Is this correct please? 

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it correct that a PAC Code cant be given once a monthly SIM only contract is cancelled?

Is the Virgin number you want to port to another provider still working? If it is then you need to ring and get the cancellation reversed? You mentioned rolling over onto PAYG? Has that happened? And why didn't you get the PAC before cancelling as you were advised?

0 Kudos
Clank1969
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it correct that a PAC Code cant be given once a monthly SIM only contract is cancelled?

Hi,

When I phoned up to cancel a month ago I was told that should I wish to switch providers I should wait until the 30 day notice period was over and then ask for a PAC code. But yesterday I was told that this information was wrong and I should have had the PAC code earlier

I had a text from Virgin this morning to say my monthly SIM contract was now cancelled and it is now a PAYG. I don't want the cancellation reversed as I cancelled in good faith using the advice I was given, but I would like to keep my old phone number still.

Is this still possible please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If the phone is working on PAYG then you will be OK to PAC from that

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes indeed. If the SIM is now PAYG and working then you should be able to request a PAC. They should provide it immediately over the phone or text it within 2 hours. You have 30 days to use the PAC before it expires and the transfer is usually pretty quick. You'll lose any credit you have on the Virgin SIM so run that down to a minimum before you use the PAC.

0 Kudos
Clank1969
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have just phoned asking for my PAC code and have been told no, it's too late.

I'm not sure now how to progress this because I have done everything in good faith and really want to keep my old mobile number as it is on a lot of legal documents relating to family etc which will cost me a lot of money to change.

Can anyone from Virgin advise me please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

if your mobile number still active or have you requested to cancel already?

0 Kudos
Clank1969
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, as you can see from the email trail I cancelled the monthly SIM contract a month ago and it has now reverted to a PAYG

I've just called VM again and got through to a very helpful American chap who apologised for the misinformation and has given me my PAC code now 🙂

Thanks and happy new year

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

if the sim had a cancelation on it i think it can't be ported so while it was still paid monthly with the 30 days notice on it would not be possible.
Once it became an active PAYG it would.

That might be what happened

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know a PAC should be able to be issued at any time, even whilst a monthly plan cancellation is in progress.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos