cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Virgin media using O2 network now I saw its o2 coverage on virgin Site.

Jordan12
Just joined

I moved on virgin media specificly because that`s the only network with signal where I work. I noticed my signal aint gr8 I went to check the site it says check the O2 Coverage. Is Virgin media now O2 network ? I saw they merged with O2

8 REPLIES 8

Jordan12
Just joined
What I ment is I moved to Virgin for the EE network cuz Virgin had better plans then EE.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
O2 is still a separate mobile network to Virgin Mobile even if they're now part of the same company.

For all new SIMs Virgin Mobile currently use the Vodafone radio network. For some existing customers they connect to the EE radio network, but they are being moved over to the Vodafone radio network.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

So Virgin no longer uses EE then this was my question cuz for some reason on my job thats the only network with any signal thanks for the reply I will check I think my contract run out and I can switch networks again. Ty for the Quick reply cheers.

Hi @Jordan12.

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this switch over will be an issue for you. @BenMcr is correct if everything he has stated. 

If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

ZXT
On our wavelength

It's a bit confusing. Virgin mobile actually started moved from EE in 2021. They then moved to Vodafone and signed a 5 year deal with them. Later in 2021, they announced that they would be cancelling the Vodafone deal and moving to O2 at some point in the future, but didn't say when. My guess is that you're possibly still on Vodafone. If you have the Ookla network speed test app and run a speed test (making sure you're not connected to WiFi), it should tell you which network you're on - Vodafone or O2.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virtually all Virgin Mobile customers have now been moved to O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ZXT
On our wavelength

I just moved across myself to virgin today - got my new SIM this morning (3rd September 2022).  God knows how, but it's on EE (!!)

I tried using OOKLA speed test but it just shows "Virgin" as the provider, after some research I found a code , *3001#12345#* , which if you enter via the phone key pad and tap send gives access to hidden information. In my case ( iPhone 7 ) I get a screen showing " Dashboard" above a Home symbol, tap the symbol on the right hand side ( 3 lines + dots ) and you should get "All Metrics", tap " Virgin" then "RAT" (serving cell info). The top line "PLMN" identifies the carrier, in my case 234 10 ( on Sim issued in July when I joined Virgin ), 2 is Europe, 34 is UK and 10 means O2, EE would be 30 or 33, Vodaphone 15 and Three would be 20. Hopefully this will be helpful to customers who are unsure as to whether they have been transferred to O2 or not.