cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Virgin Mobile Down?

Thyper
Dialled in

Moderators

Is the Virgin Mobile network down at the moment?  I have 4 Sim Only contracts which I am unable to place out going calls or SMS messages.  When the 4 Sim Only numbers are called from a landline I get a message that I am unable to reach that person at the moment or the phone is turned off.  Mobile signal strength is 3 to 4 bars in my area (Area 22).

Grateful if you could please post an update here if it is an outage as I cannot call CS (789).

Regards

Thyper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may find they were reconfiguring 3G prior to its closure during 2022. In the meantime the bandwidth available to each mast is being reduced and migrated to 4G 5G use. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Thyper
Dialled in
It seems to be a local 3G issue. I can reconfigure my phones to use 2G only everything works fine. Could you please investigate the strength of the 3G signal or coverage in my area which is Area 22.

Regards

Thyper

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a community forum so it may take time for a member of the team to reach you.

However, Virgin do not have a network of thier own as the piggy back on EE or Vodafone. So a broadband area number is useless in this case. Mobile runs on post codes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thyper

How are things looking now with your signal and calls

Has everything gone back to normal now 

Gareth_L

Thank you for you message.

As of 3pm this afternoon the 3G local service is back to normal and all phones working on 3G.

Regards

Thyper

Hi Thyper

That's great news 

Sorry though for the inconvenience we have caused you 

Gareth_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may find they were reconfiguring 3G prior to its closure during 2022. In the meantime the bandwidth available to each mast is being reduced and migrated to 4G 5G use.