cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim Card

MartinRHunt
Joining in

My mother has an old style 'doro' mobile phone which is used for emergencies.

A few weeks ago a message appeared saying the sim card was invalid and we can no longer use it to make/receive calls and to contact the supplier.

The sim card is a Virgin Media sim card.

My farther has tried ringing the number on the pay as you go booklet, but could not get through.

What is the easiest way to resolve this issue as there is outstanding money on the sim card.

Please email me to discuss this further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin don't email.

I'll inform the team as there are a couple of reasons this may have happened.

Keep an eye out here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin don't email.

I'll inform the team as there are a couple of reasons this may have happened.

Keep an eye out here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MartinRHunt,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your Mum hasn't been able to get a new Sim for her Doro phone since her current sim stopped working, I will be happy to help and get this Sim ordered for her.

Can I ask when the last time the phone was topped up and the last time a chargeable call was made, the reason I ask this is because when a Pay As You Go sim hasn't been used for 90 days it will be cancelled and unable to get it back up and running?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, yes it probably is over 90 days since mum last used her mobile as she only uses it for emergencies.

I didn't know this cancellation rule was in place, is it the same for all pay as you go sim cards.

Can't the old sim card be reactivated and what about the money on the sim card, is that lost for good.

If the only way to resolve this is to get a new sim card, please let me know how I get in touch with you for ordering a new one.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The 90 day rule has always been in place. Once the SIM has been cancelled, any credit on there would be lost. You can view the terms and conditions here: PAYG Terms and Conditions

We no longer do PAYG SIM cards either so you would need to look at taking a monthly SIM plan if you wanted to stay with us. You can check out what offers are available here: Pay Monthly SIM plans

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs