cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim Card

colinjstewart
Tuning in

Hi

My elderly neighbour that I take care of, Olive, is receiving an "Invalid Sim" message. She never uses the phone, it is for emergencies only but it is a pay monthly account and the money is still being taken every month. I've read that a pay-as-you-go sim is cancelled after 90 days of no usage but this is a pay monthly, still being paid so hope that isn't the reason.

We've tried to log into her account but she can't remember the password and to get the password you text a code to the mobile number, which she isn't receiving because of the invalid sim message.

I myself also have a virgin account and a sim from virgin and have no problems but I use my phone continuosly.

I haven't put any phone numbers or account details on here for obvious reasons but would appreciate some advice on how to resolve this situation as quickly as possible as Olive had a very nasty fall recently, and wasn't able to reach anyone as she didn't have the phone on her because of this issue, (I was unaware) and she didn't have anything with my number on it. She has now lost her confidence and wants the phone so she can call if she has another fall or accident.

Thanks
Colin

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @colinjstewart,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that your neighbour is experiencing some issues with their SIM card and mobile service, and that because of this she was unable to call following an accident. I really hope she's doing okay and that she's recovering swiftly.

The issue itself could either be an issue with the SIM card or the handset. Have you carried out any troubleshooting at all to see what could be the problem? If so, can you clarify what you've tried?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

The handset seems to be working fine, I've switched it off and on several times, I've removed the back cover, taken out the battery and removed the sim card. I've given the sim card a wipe with a dry cloth in case it was dust, replaced it and the battery and reset the phone but still getting invalid sim.

Thanks
Colin

Thank you for the reply on the forums @colinjstewart. 😄

May I ask if you've been able to try the SIM card in another phone and see if it works there or is it still the same message popping up saying "No Service"?
Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

No, I don't have another phone to try the sim in.
The message is not "No Service" it is "Invalid Sim"

Thansk

Appreciate the reply @colinjstewart on the forums. 🙂

Apologies for the mistake in the error message.
May I ask if the SIM card plan is up-to-date? i.e. is the bill paid? Are there any restrictions on the profile?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Yes, the sim card payments are up-to-date and the money is still being taken every month.
I did state that in the first message.

Thanks for the reply @colinjstewart on the forums. 😇

I will investigate further on this and look in to this.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team