cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM 2g handset

elnombre
Tuning in

I requested a new SIM to use in a basic 2g handset (Doro 1370) for my elderly Mum. I cannot connect to a network, the phone displays 'Invalid SIM' and any attempt to connect errors. 

I bought the handset new (Amazon) and it was described as unlocked. 

Any help connecting please? Do I need a different SIM?

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @elnombre,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the handset and SIM card. Have you ensured that the SIM card is activated and has also been entered into the handset correctly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zak, 

Many thanks for the response. Yes, I have inserted the SIM correctly, however there is no stage during set-up where I'm asked to enter the PIN, nor does there seem to be an option to do so subsequently (bear in mind this is not an Android phone...).

Might I snap the SIM down to Nano size, insert it in my own phone, and thereby activate? I'm guessing the 3-size SIM template will allow me to reassemble to Micro size and retry in the Doro...?!

Thanks!

Hi @elnombre,

Thanks for the prompt response. If it is possible to try the SIM card in a different handset then that would be helpful - it can help us to narrow down if the SIM card is faulty or if the problem lies with the handset.

Make sure that you use the additional size extensions that came with the SIM card. Do not adjust the size of the SIM card with scissors or other tools as this can potentially damage and destroy it.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for the advice, I have tried the sim in a Pixel 5 which I know is unlocked, it will not connect to any network (gave it 24 hours just to be sure, apologies for the delay in getting back to you). 

On a few occasions I got an odd message, something like 'sim not configured for voice calls'. Also, the phone with sim installed refuses to connect to my home wifi (although I'm not sure this isn't a red herring...).  

Essentially, I think the Sim must be deficient in some way, and that's before I cut it up with scissors to fit (I am joking...!). 

PS Further, just tried sim in an (unlocked) P20 and 'emergency calls only'. At no point have I been asked for a Pin or activation key of any kind.

Dodgy SIM? 

Thanks again for all your help. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @elnombre,

Thank you for this update, I will send you a private message now to help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @elnombre,

Thank you for talking to me in a private message, I am glad I have managed to resolve this for you now.

If you ever need us again, please do make a new post and we will be along to help asap.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide