cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not Working on Phone

chudi
Tuning in

I have an Infinix Hot 10. APN settings have not been sent to the phone and I cant connect to the internet. what should I do. I have tried to call the the help line but they appear not to know what they are doing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can try

text ALL to 789922

to update the mobile internet settings on your phone. Just wait for the configuration message that you will receive then open it from the notification tab and follow the on screen prompt.

Or the settings can be found here for manual entry

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-settings-for-data/td-p/3597569

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can try

text ALL to 789922

to update the mobile internet settings on your phone. Just wait for the configuration message that you will receive then open it from the notification tab and follow the on screen prompt.

Or the settings can be found here for manual entry

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-settings-for-data/td-p/3597569

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have sent the message several times it does not send back a configuration message.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have to put them in by hand then. Use the link I gave you and fill in the appropriate fields

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chudi

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for your post regarding the issues you are facing with the internet not working on your phone, I'm sorry to hear you are unable to get online on your mobile at the moment.

Were you able to follow through the steps as @enlli advised to manually enter the APN settings on your phone?

Please let us know how you're getting on 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

I have tried doing the manual installation of the APN settings. I still can't get an internet connection. Do I need to visit your physical shops? The phones work when other carrier sims are inserted in them.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are no Virgin Shops

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chudi,

Thanks for letting me know, sorry to hear that the manual installation of the APN settings did not work for you. Unfortunately we do not have Virgin Mobile shops anymore, apologies for the inconvenience.

Have you tried giving our Mobile team a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789?

Best wishes,

Serena

I called them first before trying to get help through the community. They were not quite helpful. Is there chat help? there use to be but I cant find a link.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry to hear that you did not receive the help you require during your call to the Mobile Team, that is not ideal at all. What did they advise?

Have you tried using this link for a Live Chat? I understand it says to 'Make a Complaint' but if you follow the troubleshooting steps through you should be able to live chat with an agent from there.

Kind regards,

Serena