cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issue

Ianbrazier
Joining in

So I've rang and spoke to many of your colleagues on this issue and no one can explain to me my problem. I live in Wolverhampton area. My data is fine in most places of the city. But when I go to Wolverhampton town centre. Wv1 area. My phone will not work with anything data related. Its so stressful and annoying. This has been happening for months now and I really need an answer for a fix because my phone is unusable when in town. Never had this problem before until now and I have read on forums that other people in this city are having the same issue. Can someone help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps you might like to look at this thread.

Appears they are aware of the problem , but don't expect a quick fix as this has been going on some time.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-internet-near-Wolverhampton-train-station/td-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps you might like to look at this thread.

Appears they are aware of the problem , but don't expect a quick fix as this has been going on some time.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-internet-near-Wolverhampton-train-station/td-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ianbrazier

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm so sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

This is an known issue we're currently working on resolving, you can find updates on this in the link helpfully provided above by enlli. 

If you have any further questions, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ianbrazier
Joining in

Still the same after all these months. Stressful. Lucky I don't live in the wv1 area else I would be loosing my head right now. This needs sorting as I feel like I wana send my phone back. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused @Ianbrazier.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As this happens to Virgin folk using Vodafone for signal and as Vodafone has proved to work fine in the locality it will boil down to an interconnect problem between Vodafone and Virgin's systems. 

Seeing it is local any Telecom engineers should be able to trace it quite quickly.

Problem: Virgin being an MNVO have no field Telecom engineers that deal with mobile systems.