cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access not available

Statler
Tuning in

Why do I not have access to bookies websites when I am using 4g away from my home address? Whenever I go to my work office the WiFi shows connected but no Internet access so I switch to mobile data and I still have no access. Trying to access bookies apps whilst on the train also blocked as no Internet access. Once I get back to my home address it is fine so why can't I use mobile data to access these apps? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Parental Controls switched on in your online account?

If so turn them off and restart your phone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Parental Controls switched on in your online account?

If so turn them off and restart your phone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have scoured my Huawei P8 Lite settings and cannot find anyhting about Parental controls. It does sound like this could be the problem but why does it not restrict my access when I am at home? I can access any bookies app with no problem. The minute I step out my door and use other WIFI or mobile data it tells me I have no internet access. This is not true as I am able to access BBC and other websites??

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's nothing to do with the phone. It will be your online mobile account. You need to log in and do it from there. It will only stop it working when using mobile data.

Yep they were on so have now turned off - thanks for your help.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you switch your phone off then on to complete

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Welcome back to the community @Statler.

Is everything running as it should now, after the help from the community members?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes it is thanks. The parental controls on my mobile account were switched on so have turned them off and all is fine now.