Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet Usage

Hi 

This has probably been asked & answered many time over but I haven’t found a response that corresponds exactly to my query?!

I don’t look at my bill very often as I rarely have extra charges but this month I have.  My bill covers the charges for my phone & a sim only contract for my daughter’s phone - both are iPhones. This month my daughter has racked up charges up to her cap of £20 but I can’t work out why.  She’s been using her phone during lockdown to make long WhatsApp calls to her friends while they play endless games of Roblox. Her mobile data is switched off & she only uses the house WiFi but between 24th & 29th the bill show data usage that is ‘not Included in her allowance?  Any ideas why this might be??!

Secondary to this both her & my bill show regular internet usage throughout every day but why would this happen if we’re connected to our home WiFi?

Many Thanks in anticipation of some answers that may shed some light on this for me!

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Usage

HI Bhecca, thanks for contacting us regarding the service and we are sorry to hear that the bill is higher than usual. The sim would only use data when the phone instructs it too. Is it likely that the data has been switched on. If you don't want the data to be used we will be able to switch this off at the network level Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Usage

THis happens if wifi drops or you have wifi assist turned on on the iphone/ipads

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos