cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Issues with Mobile data

jordanmccrea7
Just joined

Hi, 

Im having some issues with accessing websites, such as an off licence website, when using my mobile data. 

Ive check all parental control settings etc and they seem to be off, could someone please help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for confirming this jordanmccrea7. 

Can you please try resetting your APN (Access Point Name) please? 

Depending on your make and model of your phone this is usual found in your settings. Resetting the APN settings won't affect any other settings on your phone. If you are struggling to find this on your phone, please advise what make and model phone you have and I can advise on the steps. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jordanmccrea7

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing some websites on your mobile data. Can you confirm what happens when you try to load the webpage? Does this also happen on betting websites? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi, 

When i use safari it states "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server"

When u use google chrome it states "An SSL error has occured and a secure connection to the server cannot be made"

I have checked my settings and all seems to be in order, it also happens on betting websites yes. 

Thank you for confirming this jordanmccrea7. 

Can you please try resetting your APN (Access Point Name) please? 

Depending on your make and model of your phone this is usual found in your settings. Resetting the APN settings won't affect any other settings on your phone. If you are struggling to find this on your phone, please advise what make and model phone you have and I can advise on the steps. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thanks for this, 

This worked

Great to hear jordanmccrea7. 

Thanks for letting me know. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post again on our community forums, we'll be here to help if needed. 

All the best 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Carley