Menu
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 41 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Loss Of Service

Yet again went out to relatives house.... emergency calls only.  If the the resolution is a new SIM can somebody from Virgin please confirm

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 42 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Is anything being done to resolve this problem, can someone from Virgin give us an update on what is going on? Everyday I'm having to restart phone several times to reconnect, getting bored with it now so at this point i'm seriously considering moving to another supplier.

Does anyone know what happens if I request a PAC but dont use it? 

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 43 of 68
Flag for a moderator

pac will expire after 30 days if not used 

AChalmers
Joining in
Message 44 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I noticed a few people mention the new purple SIM cards but I'm still using the red one I got 2 years back. Same issues still 2 weeks after my last post. So I doubt it is related to the new sims 🤔. 

It's just flat out pathetic and a full on joke at this point.

Wirral, UK

0 Kudos
Jeremyheal
Tuning in
Message 45 of 68
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin offers anyone a new SIM, DO NOT PUT IT IN YOUR PHONE!
They sent me one which I changed for the old SIM and stupidly destroyed the old SIM. I spent over a week with phone shops, intermittent service, no service, turning my phone on and off, resetting network settings, cleaning the SIM and anything else suggested, and in frustration I rang up for another SIM.
This was sent to me (free) - but it never worked at all and couldn't be recognised by Virgin.
I have now changed to O2 smoothly and easily. The new SIM was immediately recognised, my old number is being ported across, and (the greatest joy) I was able to ring a real person in the UK without being put on hold who sorted out the simple changeover requirements for me. The message is clear.
0 Kudos
mikeleeson
Joining in
Message 46 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue and I am just waiting for Virgin Mobile to say that you will need to upgrade you plan at your own expense. Be warned, if you do I am off.

0 Kudos
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 47 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Come on when is this going to be fixed? Can someone from Virgin mobile please communicate upon the approximate timeframe for a resolution.  I cannot use my phone as I should without constantly checking whether it's lost.signal.and.on emergency calls only.  Rebooting the device several times a.day is having a product that is not fit for purpose.  

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 48 of 68
Flag for a moderator

In the words of the late Douglas Adams "so long and thanks for all the fish" I've ordered new sims from a different supplier (one for the phone that isnt working, and one for the phone still on the old red sim that works perfectly) and will be cancelling my Virgin service as soon as they arrive. Not only will I get a working service I get way more calls/data than I had before for a lower price.  

Bye bye Virgin mobile

Larks123
Tuning in
Message 49 of 68
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE

Called today and finally the offshore Philippines call centre is recognising there is a problem as they have generically received an update.

Apparently if you got given a SIM card that starts with '319' then unfortunately they were set up wrong. The SIM was set up with wrong configuration in the SIM toolkit with it defaulted to 'international' The agent asked me to do the following,

1. Click SIM tool kit

2. Click on 'roaming'

3. Select 'manual'

4. Select 'national'

5. Reboot the phone

Which may help sometimes to fix the issue???!!!

However, this routine unfortunately did not fix the issues with my sim as it kept defaulting back to 'automatic.'

Apparently a new SIM will need to be sent out that will supposedly fix the problems I have been facing for over a month.

I will wait and see!!!

0 Kudos
Purdie101
Tuning in
Message 50 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Sadly we have had a new sim to replace the new sim that didn’t work 

that didn’t work either - sort yourselves out Virgin 

0 Kudos