Menu
spenno99
Tuning in
Message 31 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Loss Of Service

I changed to the purple SIM when I got back from holiday August 29 and really wish I hadn't. Eventually I dialled 789 and was told "EE are upgrading their towers in your area causing this issue" When I pointed out I have crossed the country 4 times since this began and the fault happened in all areas the operator said EE were working everywhere. This is no joke - since calling a very close relative has been undergoing major heart surgery 100 miles away and I need to have a reliable phone. I add this point not for sympathy but to illustrate to Virgin Mobile how vital these things are to us all. Please sort it soon

Wirral UK

0 Kudos
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 32 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I know what you mean... my mother is not well also and when it's not working as it should it becomes very problematic.

0 Kudos
neildupes
Tuning in
Message 33 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Oh come on Virgin - where is the update !!!
0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 34 of 68
Flag for a moderator

@spenno99 wrote:

I changed to the purple SIM when I got back from holiday August 29 and really wish I hadn't. Eventually I dialled 789 and was told "EE are upgrading their towers in your area causing this issue" When I pointed out I have crossed the country 4 times since this began and the fault happened in all areas the operator said EE were working everywhere. This is no joke - since calling a very close relative has been undergoing major heart surgery 100 miles away and I need to have a reliable phone. I add this point not for sympathy but to illustrate to Virgin Mobile how vital these things are to us all. Please sort it soon

Wirral UK

Just by means of specific advice to spenno - in this situation I would personally be making sure of an alternative phone. Far better to carry two phones if that what it takes, than miss *that* call.

0 Kudos
BromleyBoy
Tuning in
Message 35 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Enough is enough. The problem hasn't gone away and Virgin do not seem willing to give us an answer so I have just signed up to Three. It will cost me more per month but I won't have to restart my phone every day or so. I also get unlimited data, calls and texts.

Good luck to the rest of you!

0 Kudos
spenno99
Tuning in
Message 36 of 68
Flag for a moderator

With all due respect to the previous post, I am very reluctant to let VM off the hook. It strikes me reading this thread and at least two others in a similar vein that the following is clear:

1 The issue has been caused by the purple SIM 2) Virgin Mobile have taken about a year to admit there is a problem 3) VM customer support has earned a zero rating for effectiveness in dealing with the issue.

I am extremely concerned that there is no end in sight to this problem and many thousands (??) of us have been left with a phone service not fit for purpose. I propose that we tackle it from another angle and engage the services of a consumer watchdog group. I have no idea how to go about this and would appreciate suggestions. As far as  I can see the bald facts are:

1) VM "pushed" this upgrade SIM onto us  2) It doesn't work 3) There is little or no sign of a solution

I would imagine that VM would be very reluctant to let these facts enter the public domain.

Your thoughts?

BromleyBoy
Tuning in
Message 37 of 68
Flag for a moderator

@spenno99 wrote:

With all due respect to the previous post, I am very reluctant to let VM off the hook. It strikes me reading this thread and at least two others in a similar vein that the following is clear:

1 The issue has been caused by the purple SIM 2) Virgin Mobile have taken about a year to admit there is a problem 3) VM customer support has earned a zero rating for effectiveness in dealing with the issue.

I am extremely concerned that there is no end in sight to this problem and many thousands (??) of us have been left with a phone service not fit for purpose. I propose that we tackle it from another angle and engage the services of a consumer watchdog group. I have no idea how to go about this and would appreciate suggestions. As far as  I can see the bald facts are:

1) VM "pushed" this upgrade SIM onto us  2) It doesn't work 3) There is little or no sign of a solution

I would imagine that VM would be very reluctant to let these facts enter the public domain.

Your thoughts?

Take to Twitter. There are already a few posts about this out there.

I disagree, however. I don't think VM give a toss.

Eccles42
Joining in
Message 38 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I've had exactly the same problem and have been following the threads on here for news.  After losing my connection for several hours last night I called customer service to complain and, after confirming my sim serial number, they're shipping a new one saying that mine is from a faulty batch (it begins 319).

We'll see if this new sim sorts the problem.

Jeremyheal
Tuning in
Message 39 of 68
Flag for a moderator

This week was a disaster. I had a new purple SIM, which worked intermittently and then stopped. Foolishly I asked for a new SIM to replace it, which cannot connect to anything. Tomorrow I am buying a new EE SIM and will need to transfer my number to it.
Langfordjm1
Tuning in
Message 40 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I moved to a new sim to get what I thought was a good sim only deal of 100gb for £10 monthly - I now see why they can offer this as I cannot make good use of the data having to reboot my phone regularly to get from no service to a signal.

i have spent hours and hours on  Vmedia support chat and tried 2 new sims - all the same problem.

i am on a rolling contract so will be moving to someone/anyone else very soon.

i am truly a disgruntled customer with it appears no recourse or means to escalate.