Menu
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 21 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Loss Of Service

I know ....  I've experienced this too .... 

According to OFCOM

How long should I wait for a repair?

In most cases, your provider should be able to establish reasonably quickly what has gone wrong and, if it is a network service issue, tell you how and when it will be fixed.

Ask your provider how they will keep you up to date on progress. This may be through their customer services team, a service app or by registering for fault update alerts which some providers offer.

Give your provider a reasonable opportunity to fix the problem. If you have done this already and are concerned about the time a repair is taking, escalate your concerns with your provider.

Therefore I'm formally asking,

1. What has gone wrong?

2. How will you keep us updated?

I have been suffering this now for a month of having to reboot or force my mobile onto network by doing a manual scan.

Can this be escalated and inform us what's gone wrong and how you are updating your affected customers.

Thank you!

BromleyBoy
Tuning in
Message 22 of 68
Flag for a moderator

It would also be extremely useful if we're told that it has been fixed.

I lost signal for a long time last night and three reboots didn't fix it but sometime later in the evening the signal came back and I haven't lost it since.

I'm not assuming it is fixed yet.

0 Kudos
haselhurst
Tuning in
Message 23 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Still issues here today, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 24 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Same here... already had to turn phone off and on twice...seems to happen when I travel

0 Kudos
George2011
Joining in
Message 25 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Have had no signal for almost two weeks now I have had two new sim still no signal have been told its a technical issue. If no joy by end of the week I will cancel all my virgin contracts TV, broadband, home phone,and of course mobile. The way your treated is not good enough. SKY here we come 

AChalmers
Joining in
Message 26 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I've been experiencing poor service for a while now, to the point I can't call or text anyone, or receive anything. I don't use my phone for work purposes so it doesn't effect me that much but it's still a massive inconvenience and I can understand the frustration of people that do. Be good if we had an update though seeing as I've been talked into upgrading my phone with a plan from 300mb of data (barely got used) to starting one with 100gb of data I now can't use the majority of the time.

Wirral

North West, UK

Eddyjhunter
Tuning in
Message 27 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Thing is u can't argue with stupid and all I get is international contact centre that are rude and refuse to escalate any calls 

0 Kudos
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 28 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Indeed....or the many times they ask you to wait ...then terminate the call from my experience

0 Kudos
Lynn13
Joining in
Message 29 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry others have this issue but am also reassured as I too have had so many issues since I was sent an unrequested new SIM and keep losing my service in the same way others on this thread have said. I too had been told by CS that they were not aware of a problem so I hope now it has been recognised a fix can be found quickly as it is really disconcerting especially when travelling as it has often taken me several attempts at restarting my phone to get the service back only for it to be lost again.

Larks123
Tuning in
Message 30 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Only went to pick up my son from school and the phone had to rebooted 3 times. It yet again it logs off network to emergency calls only.  Evidently still no fix - 33 days of this!

0 Kudos