Menu
Message 1 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Loss Of Service

Update 17/09

Hi, 

Thank you all for your patience while we’ve been looking into this issue.

We can confirm that our support team are currently in the process of implementing the fix for customers affected by this issue and are working hard to try and complete this by the end of the week.

For this update to take effect we ask that you have your mobile phone off airplane mode/Wi-Fi only.

If you continue to experience issues after the end of this week please let us know so we can raise this further with our support team.

ModTeam

Hi, 

We are aware of an issue affecting some customers’ SIM cards and are working hard to resolve it.

Mod Team

Larks123
Tuning in
Message 2 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Loss Of Service

Thank you for finally recognising there is a problem.  I have had a month long nightmare of being told that everything is fine from Virgin CS and technical departments when clearly this has not been the case.  For instance I just popped out to the shops and now states Emergency Calls only reverting back to Proximus settings as if I'm roaming in a different country.  I hope that you can keep us up to date on when or how this is going to be fixed.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Purple-SIM-problems/td-p/4056814

Larks123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 69
Flag for a moderator

I have just called Virgin Customer Service (Charmaine) who are not aware of any issues and are proceeding to refresh my account as she believes that will sort it. All I wanted to raise a complaint or speak to a second level team to get a dialogue going.  It seems that yet again I cannot escalate this through an appropriate channels

0 Kudos
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Once she refreshed data it reverted to Emergency Calls only.  I then asked for it to be referred to second level team and then she rudely terminated the call.  Can you please suggest how I can proceed with a complaint or at least get a dialogue going as the stress of all of this and the waste of time I'm having with your customer service team is not satisfactory.

0 Kudos
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Any resolution or news of when this is expected to be sorted?

0 Kudos
Larks123
Tuning in
Message 6 of 69
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted customer service and they are not aware of any faults and according to them my SIM is working fine from what their systems state.  

I subsequently asked it to be escalated as per the terms and conditions of your complaints process.  The agent (John) refused for this to happen as the system states that everything is working.  

I firmly believe that if you are going to post something on this forum it needs to be communicated to your Customer service representative as that is the only way we as the customer can communicate.  

All I ultimately want is a mobile service that works  - can you please help by somebody from your Forum Team PM me to get a dialogue underway

0 Kudos
BromleyBoy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 69
Flag for a moderator

This is a problem that has affected me ever since I was given a new and, unasked for, SIM. Your support people know nothing about this problem and fob me off with excuses about intermittent network faults.

Please keep us informed about this. If it isn't fixed soon, I will switch to Three.

Larks123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Agreed Bromleyboy - all we.want is communication of when / how this inherent fault is going to be resolved

0 Kudos
BromleyBoy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 69
Flag for a moderator

I've had to restart my phone one every day or two to get it to acknowledge the network again. This has gone on for weeks. The customer support people seem to think that is an acceptable solution. I had no problems with my phone or the network since I was sent this SIM.

neildupes
Tuning in
Message 10 of 69
Flag for a moderator

The VM customer support really is shocking - I've spent hours on the phone and text service after installing a new sim. I've restarting my phone 10 times a day - driven me nearly insane.
This needs sorting now!!