cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Crossed Line??

mildenhall
Rising star

My wife and I have a VM landline, gigabit BB, and two SIM only phones.

For over three years we get what seems like an intermittent crossed line.

When either my wife or I phone our home VM landline from our VM SIM only phones...

1. Either my wife or I calls our VM landline using one of our VirginMobile SIM only phones.
  2. The person calling our landline gets connected to "Robert Bloomfield Academy".
  3. The person on our landline, sees the other person's caller ID but get connected to someone calling "Robert Bloomfield Academy".
  4. This happens about 40% of the time.

An example is my wife calls our VM landline from her virginmobile SIM only phone. Our landline phone displays the caller ID for my wife. I answer the call to what I think is my wife, and say "Hello gorgeous!" to some shocked person calling Robert Bloomfield Academy! 🙂

• We have tried different mobile phones.
  • We have tried different landline phones.
  • VM have replaced my copper wire phone line with a VoIP landline.
  • VirginMedia faults phone line blame VirginMobile for the fault
  • VirginMobile faults phone line blame VirginMedia for the fault.
  • We need a landline as we live an a mobile phone dead spot for all mobile providers.
  • We need a fully working landline as my daughter is physically disabled and we may need to call the GP or 999.

I am stuck between each company blaming the other company. I have had this fault for over three years now and neither company have resolved the situation! 😞

I have had an ntl: and then VirginMedia account for almost 25 years now, and do not wish to change landline phone provider. 

Please can someone suggest what I do next?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mildenhall,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your landline.

I will send you a private message now, so I can help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks - I've replied to the PM.

The_Hepcat
On our wavelength

Technician visited - a very nice chap!

1. As I am VoIP is can't possibly be a crossed line - fair enough.
  2. I demonstrated / reproduced the issue for the technician.
  3. "This sort of thing happens when you port from another account such as a BT line"
  4. "It's an account or IT issue"
  5. "I've escalated it to the IT team"

So no resolution and I am stuck with a faulty landline. 😞

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mildenhall,

Thanks for the update, I am so sorry that the tech was unable to resolve this!

The IT team will be working to fix this asap for you, I will check for an update over the next 3/5 working days for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide