cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly slow 4g on Oomph sim

Niceaction
Joining in

Afternoon,

Is there anyway I can find out if something has gone wrong with the local 4g/data connection in my area? 

It's always been fine, but recently has gone incredibly slow.  A speedtest just now has come back with painful results of just over 1mbps download speed.

Any suggestions? 

Screenshot_20211026-165014_Speedtest.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Niceaction,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issue you're having with your signal.

We are currently going through the process of moving our customer from our old EE network to our new Vodafone network and so from here I wouldn't know which network you're currently on.

I have attempted to locate your account to confirm but have been unsuccessful. Do you know which one you're with?

Also have you been able to try the SIM in a different area? 

^Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for your response. 

Is there a way to see who is providing the data service between EE and Vodafone? 

My daughter has just got COVID so I'm actually trying to reduce going to different areas as much as possible - always the way! Ha

What I will do is private message you to get some details and we can go from there. 

^Martin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do a manual network search. If EE is listed and Vodafone is missing then you have been moved to Vodafone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou Enlli. 

It looks like I'm on Vodafone. 

Screenshot_20211026-182912_Call settings.jpg

Hi enlli,

My apologies but I think you may have gotten that the wrong way around. 

If EE is showing and Vodafone is missing then they would be on EE. 

We have tested this on our side with an EE network SIM & a Vodafone network SIM to confirm this. 

^Martin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry, not got it the wrong way

The customer is on Vodafone whose listing has been replaced by Virgin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My apologies again enlli. I have double checked this and have been advised one of the SIMs test was incorrect. What you have advised is correct. 

^Martin