cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase ringing time before going to voicemail

Koala
Tuning in

I have seen several posts on this but nothing that ever provides a solution. My ringing time before going through to voicemail is about 17 seconds and I want to increase this.

I have tried the code to try and increase the time as I have the newer SIM,  **61*+447458333222*11*30#  but I get an error message as other users appear to have done. It states:

Call forwarding
When no reply for All Speech Services
Connection problem or invalid MMI code

When I try *#61#  to see what it is set to but it states 'not forwarded' to all items listed.

Voicemail is working fine, and the calls do go through to voicemail after the 17 seconds. Please can anyone advise how I can increase the time as it is very frustrating? 

12 REPLIES 12

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kola, 

thanks for your post, I am sorry you are having issues extending your ring, cna you confrim what make and model your handset is?

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi, my device is a Samsung A50, also have the same issue with a Samsung A20

Hi Koala,

I'm terribly sorry for our delayed response from here.

Sadly, this isn't a setting that we can change on our end, and it would be something that needs to be changed on the handset itself. We're only able to manage the number of rings for landline phones from our end, not mobile.

Have you tried speaking with your phone manufacturer to see if they're able to provide further help with this?

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Hello Beth,

Thank you for your response but Samsung request we contact the network service provider. The codes provided on the VM help pages just do not work. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not the only person to have this problem and Virgin have been able to alter it from their end whatever is said.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Koala

Can you try the following please:

1. Dial **61*121*11*
  2. Then, before pressing call, enter the number of seconds you’d like your phone to ring for, followed by #
  3. Press Call
  4. A confirmation message will pop up on your screen with your new ring time

For example, setting it to 25 seconds would look like this: **61*121*11*25#.

Just so you know, we don't have control here over how long the handset will ring for before going to voicemail, that isn't something we can alter using our systems.

Rob

Hi Rob, I have tried the suggestion you have kindly supplied, unfortunately I get the same issue.

It starts by saying MMI code started, but then I get the 'connection problem or invalid MMI code' message. I have double checked and the call time is still just under 20 seconds before going to voicemail so nothing has changed.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK try this.

Type the code into a notepad but place a comma at the end. Eg

**61*121*11*30#,

Paste it into your dialer and press send.

Check using *#61#

May work 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli,  thank you for your suggestion, but I am still getting the same error of invalid MMI code even with the comma.  It is very strange.