cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete number port

StationTownie
Joining in

I recently moved to Virgin Mobile while retaining my old number. All went well except that when I send a  message the text someone receives comes from the number that was originally on the Virgin sim card sent to me. Therefore looks like something has gone wrong in the porting process, but when I have phoned the helpline they have taken me through a script that doesn't address the issue.

Anyone elso come across this issue, and can you suggest what I should do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @StationTownie 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your new phone. Can I just check, have you also checked the number is changed in the phone settings? 

Thank you

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @StationTownie 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your new phone. Can I just check, have you also checked the number is changed in the phone settings? 

Thank you

Hi Ashley,

In phone settings the number is shown as "Unknown" in the "About Phone' section, but does have the ported number in my Samsung account section.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @StationTownie 

Thanks for your response

Is the correct number displayed when you dial out to someone? Does the incorrect number only show on text?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Its only when I text and it now seems that it only specifically happens when I text my wife. I was concerned that it was more widespread, but I've checked with others and they see the number they have always seen.

I can live with this - I was more concerned when I thought it was a general problem.

Thanks

Stephen

Thank you @StationTownie 

Just to confirm has you wife tried to update the number in her settings as well? 

Thanks again

Hi Ashleigh,

My wife hasn't changed anything in her settings.

Thanks

Hi @StationTownie 👋 Thank you for your response 😀

We'd suggest trying the following within the messages app on your phone. Press the three dots in the top right-hand corner, go to "Settings", then "General", then "Chat Features", then turn off "Chat Features" and turn it back on again. It can take a few minutes but the number should then update.

Hope that helps 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, 

This area did have the number that was originally on the sim.

I did what you advised and my transferred number is now there. This has solved my problem and I would like to thank you for your assistance. 

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved @StationTownie 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs