Menu
Yorkshiremum
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Incoming calls go straight to voicemail

I recently received a new SIM (after changing my tarrif). Since putting it into my phone incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I'm receiving texts ok and can also make outgoing calls. I've tried numerous times to phone 789 but have been in a queue for way more than 15 mins. I've checked and calls aren't on divert anywhere (my husband also received a new SIM and his is working fine) thank you

0 Kudos
Demogorgon
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming calls go straight to voicemail

@Yorkshiremum, you might be right about the diverts. Maybe not from your phone but from the backend of the service. One way you can find out for sure is to swap SIMs with your husband to see if the same thing happens on his phone.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming calls go straight to voicemail

@Yorkshiremum wrote:

I recently received a new SIM (after changing my tarrif). Since putting it into my phone incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I'm receiving texts ok and can also make outgoing calls. I've tried numerous times to phone 789 but have been in a queue for way more than 15 mins. I've checked and calls aren't on divert anywhere (my husband also received a new SIM and his is working fine) thank you

This happened to me earlier in the week following a sim swap.  It cleared around five hours after the swap.  I have since found out that it can take up to 24 hours for all the systems to register the SIM switch, especially if it is from the old red Sims to the new purple ones.