Menu
teabag
Superstar
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inbound phone calls broken

plexus said: "the *#*#info#*#* menu shows "VoLTE provisioned" as "on" 

Should not be on/possible with Virgin, slide that off and calls should be back.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
plexus
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That is set by the network. This is not the "enhanced 4g voice" toggle im talking about. This is the network set provisioning which lets the phone know if it can use VoLTE of not.

in the info menu, I can slide it to off - but exit the menu and come back in and its on "on" again. 

It was like that on my Pixel XL. So I switched to a Pixel2 XL and it was not "on". it stayed off. Untill I went overseas and came home. Now its the same as the old phone - toggled to "on" and will always revert to "on" no matter how much it is toggled to off. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello plexus

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that this issue has presented itself since you returned from overseas. Were you able to use your mobile service abroad without any issue? 

Since you have returned does anyone calling your mobile receive the same 'unavailable' message? 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
plexus
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

two months to reply . bravo Smiley Wink

My port worked today. Since then *#*#info#*#* shows "volte provisioned" as off, the problem is gone and the new network is perfect. The new network also does not support volte, just like virgin.

Seems you have overlooked that many modern day android phones will automatically activate VoLTE if the network says its provisioned. So whatever flag your network is sending to tell phones they can use volte is causing the problem 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear you've left us plexus

If there is anything further we can assist with, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos