cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In USA cannot send texts or make calls

eylprice
Joining in

I’m currently in Florida and cannot send texts or make any calls. Need this fixing asap as my bank card has been blocked and they require a text to verify the purchases.

please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello eylprice, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having some issues making text and calls whist in Florida.

We can get definitely get this looked into for you, can you confirm if the internet data is working please?

Have you allowed mobile date roaming on your settings? If not you will need to allow this for it to work.

Please let me know so I we get this sorted out for you 🙂 Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello eylprice, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having some issues making text and calls whist in Florida.

We can get definitely get this looked into for you, can you confirm if the internet data is working please?

Have you allowed mobile date roaming on your settings? If not you will need to allow this for it to work.

Please let me know so I we get this sorted out for you 🙂 Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Mobile data roaming is on but not working either 

Thanks for getting back to me, before you went did you, make sure that your device's Access Point Name (APN) is set to Virgin Mobile, and not another network provider.

Usually this is done automatically, but it doesn't sound the case with you.

If you need help, check out our APN settings guide.  

You could also send a text but we know this is not an option for you right now, but the process would be to just text 'All' to 789922 and your settings will arrive at your handset, ready to be saved.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I’ve received the text message and installed everything as requested several times already.  Not sure how I check the APN. Currently in Disney world so pretty hard for me to sort. 

Hi @eylprice

Thank you for your reply

When you can - if you run through the APN settings guide this may help with getting your issue sorted as with data roaming etc being on, everything does seem to look fine on our end regarding this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My APN settings are correct. I have run through the guide. 

DAAC636F-F49A-486E-9A51-062599F257DC.png

E5DB3DDD-4453-44F5-A37C-A6609982178E.png

3BDE0CF9-3B5F-4BD6-9D86-6EE12C09AB68.png

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two things in my playbook.

Is you spend cap big enough to allow calls and text?

Finding SIM Toolkit is your roaming set to International and not automatic?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @eylprice. I have looked into this on our system and have refreshed your services with us on the network. Please can you reboot your handset and try to use the services again?

Regards,

Steven_L

It is set to international. I cannot check my cap as for some reason I can no longer log in to my virgin mobile account where I have been able to previously

FAF578DC-87AE-42DC-9D63-03F7E6D7500E.jpeg