Menu
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 61 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

CISAS very interested in what I described as "getting around the regulator"

I even phoned Virgin to ask them if they wanted to re-word the letter as it further stated something which I didn`t know was due to happen on the 1st April.......she was flustered but had to agree that it was final and can`t be changed lol
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 62 of 94
Flag for a moderator

1st of April, April fools day of course. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 63 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ewan1, thanks for posting.

We’re making a limited number of price changes for some mobile customers. If you’d like discuss this in more detail please speak to our customer care team on 789/0345 6000 789

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 64 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Well It's in the news that Virgin Mobile are ENDING their unlimited £25 package tomorrow - so even if the "you can keep it whatever" bull was true it would certainly not apply by the end of the week!

I paid my final bill earlier and I am glad to be out of the Mobile side of VM
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 65 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hi happywithmy350,

Sorry that you are leaving us. If there is anything we can assist with, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jazturnip
Joining in
Message 66 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Ewan1 wrote:

At the moment I pay £4 a month for my Virgin Contract. I have just received an email from Virgin to say that from April I will now be paying £13!!!!!!!! Apparently the Plan I have is changing from the 4gb(+1gb lifetime), 1500 minutes and unlimited  texts. The new contract is for 5gb, 2500 minutes and unlimited texts. Now I was aware I could have price changes and indeed it went for £4 a month to £4.13 a month a while ago, so no big deal but £13!!!!!! That is a price hike of 225% if I am not mistaken. This is a joke and is surely Immoral and illegal. Surely I should be able to cancel the contract when faced with this sort of increase in price. 

Anyone know where I stand with this? 

It's probably irrelevant given your situation, but I've just taken out that exact plan (4gb +1gb lifetime, 1500mins, unltd texts) for £8 a month on a 12 month SIM only deal.

Push comes to shove, you could get it £5pm cheaper by taking out a new contract..?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 67 of 94
Flag for a moderator

If your contract is being changed, you have a right to cancel. Virgin should have told you that. You could cancel and then shop around for a better deal.

Having said that, your old deal is amazingly cheap. You are lucky to have had that for so long.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 68 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

@happywithmy350 said:

"I am stunned that when I took out a 3 unlimited sim I could only get 18-22mbps - yet with Smarty, who is 3's MVNO I can hit around 90-110 all the time"

That is quite a bizarre situation, with Smarty being owned by Three and being pushed out as a budget service to their full service 🤔

It is- but I noticed once I put a Freedompop sim against my contract 3 sim and FP always was fastest. I am tethering on Smarty now been watching YT 4K most of the day no problem. 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 69 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi Ewan1, thanks for posting.

We’re making a limited number of price changes for some mobile customers. If you’d like discuss this in more detail please speak to our customer care team on 789/0345 6000 789

Kind regards,

John

EVERY forum member is posting the same response, and most customers are starting to have it grate on them. 

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 70 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@jazturnip wrote:

@Ewan1 wrote:

At the moment I pay £4 a month for my Virgin Contract. I have just received an email from Virgin to say that from April I will now be paying £13!!!!!!!! Apparently the Plan I have is changing from the 4gb(+1gb lifetime), 1500 minutes and unlimited  texts. The new contract is for 5gb, 2500 minutes and unlimited texts. Now I was aware I could have price changes and indeed it went for £4 a month to £4.13 a month a while ago, so no big deal but £13!!!!!! That is a price hike of 225% if I am not mistaken. This is a joke and is surely Immoral and illegal. Surely I should be able to cancel the contract when faced with this sort of increase in price. 

Anyone know where I stand with this? 

It's probably irrelevant given your situation, but I've just taken out that exact plan (4gb +1gb lifetime, 1500mins, unltd texts) for £8 a month on a 12 month SIM only deal.

Push comes to shove, you could get it £5pm cheaper by taking out a new contract..?

Would that be the lifetime they are stripping people of? If so why are they still able to offer it...