Menu
Unhappy1999
Settling in
Message 41 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

Just had the letter saying my Virgin mobile plan is going up from £4 to £13.  What a rip off.  I took out a 36 month contract in Dec 2017 on an iPhone 7, advertised as £22 per month.  Was going to buy a phone outright and get a sim only deal, but went with £22/month as it seemed too good to be true....and obviously it was.  Only after I signed up did I realise that the phone was £18/month and the plan was £4/month but didn't pay too much attention.  Now realise it must have been Virgins plan all along to hike up the plan price after a year.   Can't believe they are legally allowed to do this.  So I can cancel but have to carry on paying £400 to Virgin for the one year old handset.

0 Kudos
fabes
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Yep, it's carp isn't it? 

Won't be taking a freestyle /twinned contract from VM ever again to avoid this. A good old, can't be effed up, single contract from now on (as my Sony contract is) 

Good luck with the retentions team! 

0 Kudos
AI1694
Joining in
Message 43 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Currently on the £15/month 30 day rolling SIM only (20gb with rollover, 5000 mins, unlmtd txts). 

Received an email saying I’ll be moved onto the next plan up which is a 12 month contract at £19/month with 40gb data. 

Called 789 and they told me that’s the best they can do and 30 day rolling contracts are no longer offered. Is this true? 

0 Kudos
Sandejo99
Tuning in
Message 44 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Well,  all 4 family members are being cancelled today, although only one of them  has increased, I am so disgusted with the approach by VM that I'm not doing business with them.  plusnet owned by BT who own EE use same network as VM. 3gb deal for £6.   VM greed has just lost 4 customers. 

teabag
Superstar
Message 45 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@AI1694

I did not expect to see a post like your plan changing 😲

It's true they do no 30day plans anymore, but they could easily change you and keep you on 30day for the new plan, they have before - but you have to fight 😞

How many minutes in that new plan they are offering you?, they have a plan at the moment giving 5000 minutes and 45GB of data at £18 - seems funny that they have not offered you that plan  https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim/?contractDuration=12&tariffID=1674716596

It seems that Virgin have some cunning plan to see how many customers they can lose this month. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
teabag
Superstar
Message 46 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Sandejo99 wrote:

Well,  all 4 family members are being cancelled today, although only one of them  has increased, I am so disgusted with the approach by VM that I'm not doing business with them.  plusnet owned by BT who own EE use same network as VM. 3gb deal for £6.   VM greed has just lost 4 customers. 

Just keep an eye on the Plusnet forum first, they seem to be having a few SIM activation problems for the last few weeks 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 47 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@AI1694 wrote:

Currently on the £15/month 30 day rolling SIM only (20gb with rollover, 5000 mins, unlmtd txts). 

Received an email saying I’ll be moved onto the next plan up which is a 12 month contract at £19/month with 40gb data. 

Called 789 and they told me that’s the best they can do and 30 day rolling contracts are no longer offered. Is this true? 

So when someone comes out of 12 months - do they then get forced into a new 12 month plan? Now that IS illegal and the CCA forbids contract slamming. T be honest I ported out yesterday. I am stunned that when I took out a 3 unlimited sim I could only get 18-22mbps - yet with Smarty, who is 3's MVNO I can hit around 90-110 all the time - Why that is I don't know - but I have the option to go Unlimited or not month by month, I think for me for now PAYG contract style providers are the way forward. 

Being told I could keep the unlimited sim even if I walked away from Virgin 100% was a total lie and I have asked for a copy of the recording. Not for me but if someone else gets stung it will be handy to have.

After all 789 right now are lying through their teeth.. Remember the good old days? When you rang 789 you might have got charged 10p a call but you got through to a bumkin in Trowbridge and they actually did a good job. Outsourcing is killing industry and I try to avoid it whenever possible.

VM is my first ISP where the support was overseas - and it will be my last too. 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 48 of 94
Flag for a moderator

@Sandejo99 wrote:

See your messages please - some things you need to know before then.

0 Kudos
noahsdad
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Is there something we should know about plusnet? considering switching to them or smarty or tesco.
0 Kudos
Nibbler1
Tuning in
Message 50 of 94
Flag for a moderator

My daughter uses Tesco and they have UK call centres. There customer service rating is really good - think which recommend them.