Menu
irfaan-07
Joining in
Message 91 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Immoral Contract Price Change!!!!!!!

And here I thought I was only person affected. I’m in a very similar boat 

I purchased a SIM ONLY PLAN (rolling 30 days) with VIRGIN im OCT 2017 and was given a "Lifetime discount" of £10. This made my monthly payment to £10 per month - reduced from £20

I have just checked my bill due next month and to my huge shock and surprise my sim only plan has changed and now I would paying £23 for the exact same SIM PLAN

At no point was I made aware of this. I have not made any changes to my plan, Virgin have just changed my plan and I have lost my “lifetime” discount of £10. When I got sim only plan it did not mention about how long the lifetime discount would be available for... at this stage i am assuming 18 months but this is not mentioned anywhere 

has anyone made and progress with this???

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 92 of 94
Flag for a moderator

'Lifetime discount...'

for the lifetime of the offer not your personal lifetime.

plenty of companies will offer 'lifetime support' 'lifetime guarantee'. what most don't realise is that it is for the lifetime of the offer the company chooses or the lifetime of the company. it is never about someones personal living life. ie joan who is 102 is still getting an offer 40 years after signing up.

usually hidden away in the terms and conditions.
0 Kudos
Talon
On our wavelength
Message 93 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Hear what your saying about normal practice with lifetime offers.  However when i look at my other phone accounts it actually states a date of 2099. Surely this quantifies the duration of the offer.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 94 of 94
Flag for a moderator

My bill is showing my plan went up from £6 to £13/month.  No notice. No text message. No email. I only found out by chance because I was checking my data usage. 

Of course I found out at about 6.30pm today when no one is around.

0 Kudos