cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage not verifying

okhan24
Tuning in

I have been having issues verifying my imessage and have been constantly contacting apple and they have told me that it is an issue with my carrier and that i need them to check provisioning of text messaging if it is configured correctly. Therefore i need someone in the virgin mobile staff to do this for me as they do not answer on calls and i cannot get through to your live chat.

129 REPLIES 129

TaranGladwell
On our wavelength

Still got issues here. Over a week now. 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update TaranGladwell and sorry to hear this.

Did you already go through the Apple diagnostics for this? 

Thanks, Emily.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure how Apple Diagnostics will help with a fault which Virgin have admitted to and are supposidly working on.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Giggsclifton
Tuning in

We're still paying full price though for a piece of kit that can't perform some of its most basic functions, due to this ongoing issue. 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

They have said above that it is a known Apple issue that they are working on.

On our side all we can do to try solve this would be refresh the network profile and offer a SIM replacement but if it's an issue with Apple iMessage this may not fix it. 

Thanks, Emily.

jolaro
On our wavelength

It’s not an issue with apple as if I put a sim from another provider in my phone it works fine!  Also I didn’t swap phones just took out a sim only contract with you.  If you don’t fix this week, after 2 weeks of waiting, I will request cancellation and revert to my old provider.

jack0w
On our wavelength

Sorry Emily that’s incorrect. This isn’t an issue with Apple, it’s an issue with Virgin Media. Some people on here using iPhones on a sim only deal and they can’t get it to work on the same phone that worked previously... please look back and read the previous posts.

Ultimately Virgin are responsible for any network faults as the contract is between customers and Virgin. Ofcom clearly states this point.

I would also point out that other SIM cards from other networks work perfectly with iMessage. This IS a Virgin Media problem, that Virgin Media is responsible for fixing

Just to confirm that this is not just 5G related as I have the same issue on a 4G sim card on an Iphone 7 switched over to a Virgin Oomph package with my Broadband 2 months ago, only noticed the problem at the weekend when a friend said my texts were appearing as my icloud address and not my phone number this has been happening for 2 months.

Thanks for confirming that! I adjusted my post above to reflect that point 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It is with our SIM cards but is on the Apple side of things. 

Thanks, Emily.