cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage not verifying

okhan24
Tuning in

I have been having issues verifying my imessage and have been constantly contacting apple and they have told me that it is an issue with my carrier and that i need them to check provisioning of text messaging if it is configured correctly. Therefore i need someone in the virgin mobile staff to do this for me as they do not answer on calls and i cannot get through to your live chat.

129 REPLIES 129

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The thing is Vodafone only supply signal, everything else goes via Virgin's own core network. This is down to Virgin not Vodafone whose customers are using iMessage quite happily 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

defty
On our wavelength
This did make me chortle...

Virgin 5G customers won’t have to worry about anything because Virgin will manage the switch to Vodafone ‘over-the-air’ in a seamless change

Hi jack0w, 

welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We do apologise regarding the recent issues with iMessages. We are aware of this problem and  our team are looking in to this issue at present.

We will come back with any updates as soon as we have them, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

In the meantime please can we ask that you have the latest software installed on your handset.

Kind regards Jodi.

jolaro
On our wavelength

Thanks for at last recognising there is an issue and apologising.

It has been stressing me out for over a week now trying every option I can find online to try and resolve to no avail.

Fingers crossed you can resolve this issue soon as it has not been a good start for me to my virgin contract.

jack0w
On our wavelength

I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I’ve just installed the update released today (14.4.1) and the problem isn’t resolved.

Have you also made note that the issue isn’t just new customers - it’s actually any customer that’s got a new 5G SIM card ?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning all, 

Just to reiterate, we are aware of the issues with Imessaging, we are investigating this and hope to have some further information soon. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak

Could you please define soon?

Hours/days/weeks/months?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me.

We are expecting to hear some further information in the coming days. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Bit like the text problem on WiFi Calling then. That's getting on for a year.

Also some users not able to get Bank Text etc. Similar time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TaranGladwell
On our wavelength

Still got issues here. Over a week now.