cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage not verifying

okhan24
Tuning in

I have been having issues verifying my imessage and have been constantly contacting apple and they have told me that it is an issue with my carrier and that i need them to check provisioning of text messaging if it is configured correctly. Therefore i need someone in the virgin mobile staff to do this for me as they do not answer on calls and i cannot get through to your live chat.

129 REPLIES 129

👍 Thanks. 

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem: ported my number to VM, now iMessage won't activate. I've been through all of the trouble shooting tips multiple times, spoken to VM, spoken to Apple, spoken to VM again. Nothing.

What's frustrating is that VM have acknowledged the issue in these forums, yet their tech support staff claim to know nothing about it. Why not just update their script?

If anyone has any idea how to get this solved please help

soquas
On our wavelength

I'm aware that I'm jumping on this thread somewhat after the party. I had the same issue - unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime after moving from EE to Virgin. Apple pointed me towards Virgin to check that the international SMS setting were correct. I checked on my account that roaming was enabled. It was but I decided to toggle it (off/on) then went back to my iPhone toggled iMessage and FaceTime in similar fashion and they registered straight away.

Hi @soquas,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having a similar issue.

We are however glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kenoliver
Superfast

I have been struggling to activate iMessage and FaceTime on my iPhone using a VM SIM card 

I am informed by the VM twitter feed that they have no knowledge of this issue 

I referred them to this forum and they tell me they are part of the Forum team and have no knowledge off customers having activation problems 

I have pasted a link to this thread to them, why deny the problem when it clearly exists

So I have a very expensive iPhone that cannot activate iMessage or FaceTime using a VM SIM, but if I use another carriers SIM it all activates immediately 

So is anyone willing to help me with this issue please?

Hold on tight to your Dreams...(ELO)

Hi Ken,

I had exactly the same issue when I switched from O2 to VM back in September. It drove me nuts for 4 or 5 days. I tried everything! In the end the issue just resolved itself and I’ve been happily using iMessage and FaceTime ever since. 
It would seem that VM have a very, very long delay in activating the service at their end (not that they’ll ever admit it!).

My advise would be to sit tight, restart your phone a couple of times a day and hopefully you’ll be up and running soon. Not an ideal solution and not good service from VM, but hopefully you knew that their customer service was poor before you signed up!

Good luck

Hi thanks for the reply

Yea I did know about VM service unfortunately, but it was a case of transferring my SIM to an iPhone, that’s when I found out about the problem

My main frustration is that VM are denying any issue exists, and they try to fob you off to Apple 

Ok Im stuck with it now so will have to do as you suggest and keep trying to activate daily, madding part tho is when I put a GiffGaff SIM in the same iPhone iMessage and FaceTime activate instantly 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here @kenoliver. I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing issues trying to activate iMessage. 

What happens, when you are trying to activate the service?

Regards,

Steven_L

Oh thanks for getting back to me 

It's ok I've left the GifgGaff SIM in the phone as it's working ok with that 

Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @kenoliver and please do keep us updated.

Thanks

Steven_L