cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage not verifying

okhan24
Tuning in

I have been having issues verifying my imessage and have been constantly contacting apple and they have told me that it is an issue with my carrier and that i need them to check provisioning of text messaging if it is configured correctly. Therefore i need someone in the virgin mobile staff to do this for me as they do not answer on calls and i cannot get through to your live chat.

129 REPLIES 129

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I'm now getting reports of Rich Communications on Android failing to verify the number on customers moved on to Vodafone.(RCS is similar to iMessage)

If it is linked then it is solely down to Virgin and Apple are innocent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello okhan24

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query regarding iMessage via our forums and welcome to the community.

We're aware and are working with Apple to get this resolved as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Rob

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might want to look closer to home. Same thing is happening on Android with Rich Communications. Phone numbers will not Verify.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

defty
On our wavelength
1. Can 'as quickly as possible' be defined please?
2. Presuming our bills will be discounted accordingly.

defty
On our wavelength
Customer services advised me of this.
Please also respond to the other raised points we see being sidestepped.... AGAIN
1. The lies & stalling tactics are no longer acceptable. (PSA if you need more info) VIRGIN OFFICIAL reply:
2. Cancelled all services following some of the worst customer service experiences I've ever encountered. VIRGIN OFFICIAL reply:
3. 8 hours of documented contact with support thus far. VIRGIN OFFICIAL reply:

defty
On our wavelength
Joke o'clock here @ Virgin.
Who'd have thought, a mass data transfer to another provider may cause issue?
Should we warn anyone? Nah. Don't be silly.
Answers & questions from Virgin are on the back of a stamp - which many of us will have to rely on here forth.

defty
On our wavelength

Customer services advised me of this.
Please also respond to the other raised points we see being sidestepped.... AGAIN
1. The lies & stalling tactics are no longer acceptable. (PSA if you need more info) VIRGIN OFFICIAL reply:
2. Cancelled all services following some of the worst customer service experiences I've ever encountered. VIRGIN OFFICIAL reply:
3. 8 hours of documented contact with support thus far. VIRGIN OFFICIAL reply:

jack0w
On our wavelength

Just to let people know, my iMessage has now activated successfully.

jolaro
On our wavelength

Lucky you...mine is still not working 😢

Mines not working either I’ve had this issue since yesterday after setting up my new iPhone, at first it was saying waiting for activation but today it instantly gives me an error message during the activation saying to try again. This message pops up instantly every time I try to turn on iMessage or FaceTime for my phone number. So annoying especially when people send me photos via iMessage all the time hope I don’t get charged when normally this would be over data/WiFi