cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i try to make a call to any number all i get is Calls to this number are currently not being connected

terry5574466
Tuning in

I cant make any calls out to any number as all i hear is Calls to this number are currently not being connected and to call 789 customer service...which of course i cant do!. this has been ongoing for two days now. I have reset my iphone and removed sim etc etc so this is a virgin problem, internet is fine and my account is paid up to date? ..any ideas?

thanks   

13 REPLIES 13

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @terry5574466 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry to hear that you're unable to make calls.  Can you please advise if you're having issues when receiving calls?  Also is this impacting you wherever you are or at specific places?  Also have you attempted to use the SIM in another handset?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi

Not sure if ive had any calls? 

the problem happens wherever i am so not specific to certain areas, its been going on since yesterday. i dont have another phone to use the sim in.

Thanks   

I am sorry @terry5574466.  Have you attempted to do a manual network search?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi

ive turned off automatic search and connected to virgin but still nothing  

I am sorry @terry5574466

I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @terry5574466

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee

The response from yourself was  fine considering the workload you are probably under, BUT virgin cut my mobile phone off and my landline without a explanation and for over 48 hours i could not phone out or contact family, i live alone and the phone is my lifeline in case of accidents and its completely immoral and i would think illegal to deny me use of my means of communication without even informing me of any issue!

thanks.

terry5574466
Tuning in

This is to inform anyone that may experienced a similar diabolicaly outrageous service from virgin! !

On a sat afternoon i made a call from my mobile and the call was not put through but i received this tapped message - Calls to this number are currently not being connected, please call 789 to speak to a member of the team, and of course when i dialled 789 you can guess what i heard!!, so i tried my landline and it was also dead, so then began a lonnggg attempt at finding out what was wrong?, was my mobile working properly?, was the sim corrupted?, etc etc and then try contacting virgin without a phone!... not something easily done, the only way i could contact them was through this forum and eventually it was picked up and then a series of Q&A began, passwords etc etc eventually it transpired that when i had recently moved to virgin broadband package  a payment from my old mobile account with them was missed during the switch for £10.00!!, so without a text or email or any communication from them they blocked my phone from making any outward calls.

As i live alone and am retired the phone is my lifeline should i have an accident etc etc and for them to simply cut it off without consulting me is disgraceful, irresponsible  and potentially life threatening!. what a wonderful piece of public relations!, it shows how much they care about their clients!! ....i am looking at taking this further.

so be warned for they wont warn you!  

I am 

In NOV 2021 I got a phone call from India or Pakistan, demanding I paid my phone sim by debit card as they were unable to collect my DD, I said that is impossible as I pay by DD and checked my account and Virgin had taken a payment out either side of the date my phone sim was due, I said the mistake was you end you have not requested payment. He threatened to cut my phone off, now I don't use a phone as I'm blind but my wife does. I explained that My sons have barred me from giving my debit card over the phone as  I got my account emptied this way once before.( this call could have been from anyone) I said why not try the DD again as funds are in the account. He threatened again and I hung up, I phoned virgin 150 and the call was genuine and this woman now demanded that I pay by debit. I paid £124.50 fo BB and TV and they threatened to cut my phone for £19.. They are a filthy company now, No one and your bank will tell you this, should be forced to hand over debit card details when they have a DD running. I am no longer a Virgin customer after over 10 years a customer.