Menu
nahunt27
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

INTERMITTENT ENGAGED TONE ON INCOMING CALLS

This happens even after I recently upgraded my Virgin SIM-only deal to a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) deal, thinking it was down to the software being out of date for 4G on my old phone.

I have a sneaky feeling this only happens in one particular location and is a fault with the network/cell-site I connect to when I'm at home as I've had no reports of people getting the engaged tone when I'm in the office.

Customer support are unable to help - I've contacted them several times over the last 6 months without getting a successful resolution. I think it requires someone with more technical knowledge and I'm hoping such a person will read this posting and assist me with the issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: INTERMITTENT ENGAGED TONE ON INCOMING CALLS

Hi nahunt27,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble receiving incoming calls at the home address.

If you've had this issue for 6 months then I'd imagine EE would have fixed whatever the problem was by now. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Are there other Virgin Mobile users at the same home?

If so, do they experience issues with incoming calls?

If you changed the network mode to 3G, does this help?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
nahunt27
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard,
There are others but they don't really use their phones for calls that often. I'm pretty sure it's happened on a Windows 10 phone, a while ago though.
I will try the 3rd approach, but I think EE are possibly not aware of the problem with the cell site, which is why it hasn't been fixed.
Regards,
nahunt27
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Daniel_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delayed response.

I do hope things have since been resolved.

If not the best thing to do is pop our team a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 so we can review this further for you.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nahunt27
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daniel,

No it hasn't been resolved. I have phoned 789 before and got no-where, I would be just wasting my time, I feel....but I will try again.

The issue does happen on other 4G Virgin Mobile accounts I have (a Windows 10 phone). I've also heard an engaged tone whilst ringing a friend who has a Tesco Mobile phone. So it's a more widespread problem than just a local cell-site...perhaps it's down to the type of cell-site.

Virgin Mobile, as a service provider, should be listening to people with this problem more closely and be working with EE to get to the bottom of what's causing it. Then maybe, just maybe, it can be fixed. 

Thanks,

nahunt27

0 Kudos