Menu
AndrzejT
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

IMEI Proof Of Use to replace my lost phone

My insurance provider is asking for IMEI Proof Of Use to replace my lost phone. 

I have lost my iPhone 7 which I acquired on contract though Virgin Media. I have reported this to Virgin and they have provide proof of purchase.  However, my insurance company is asking for confirmation that phone has been used for the entire contract by providing a document which show the IMEI number in use for the duration of the contract. 

Speaking to Virgin Media they say they can see this online but can’t provide this information. My insurer are saying they get it all the time from Virgin Media yet Virgin continue to refuse to give me this information.  

I am now stuck paying a contract that I have no phone for. I ask both parties to talk to each other, they won’t and I can not get any progress on this. 

Can you please tell me how I can move this forward please

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: IMEI Proof Of Use to replace my lost phone

You need to request a "subject access request" (SAR). 

See this thread (particularly post 11).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Proof-of-usage-for-insurance-claim-last-chance-be...

0 Kudos
AndrzejT
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I will get a letter off to Swansea as I do not want to talk with customer care again as I will probably loose the will to live!

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe double check that that address is still valid, I believe the customer service centre isn't there any more. 

0 Kudos
AndrzejT
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will thanks

0 Kudos