Menu
AnnieC21
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was told my mobile number would transfer from old sim to new sim on mon 5th Aug. Still not happened?

I had a text message to say transfer was happening mon 5th August. Still nothing. Have phoned many times but told it's a technical issue and I must be patient. Thought it was a simple procedure. No one is keeping me updated. How long will it be? Weeks? Months? Has anyone else experienced this? So annoying. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I was told my mobile number would transfer from old sim to new sim on mon 5th Aug. Still not happened

Shall we say that porting issues do come up fairly regularly. But you should not have to wait that long.

Is your number still working on tour old network?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AnnieC21
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I was told my mobile number would transfer from old sim to new sim on mon 5th Aug. Still not happened

Its all virgin mobile. I got a new phone and sim. smart switched everything over. texted swich from my old phone. Had text message to say transfer would happen monday. Infact, 2 text messages!!! On my old phone i can make and receive calls and text. on new phone can only use wifi messaging like whatsapp when connected. I thought it would be simple as virgin to virgin. They don't tell you anything expect it will happen one day!!!
0 Kudos
Inferno
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did it get sorted in the end Annie?

Mine was a day later than it should have been, but yours does seem to be taking ages 😞

0 Kudos
AnnieC21
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you believe it, it has just transferred!!! Wonders will never cease!!! This community page is great. You don't feel quite on your own. Thank you. Can start to enjoy new phone now!!!
0 Kudos